Day 748: Pick Yourself Up
🖤 Get well soon Tommy ! #teamrivs #RageOn 🖤
Today is day 748 of Nutrisystem. I got out of bed at 6:03 am with such high hopes for the day ... and it was all downhill from there. Little things .. but still very discouraging. Game I've been playing on my phone since October wouldn't load and I was afraid I was going to lose all my progress - over 1,000 levels ! This would have been the second time - I lost all progress a while back after completing over 200 levels and had to start over. I gave up on that issue and got on the treadmill around 7. Less than 12 minutes into my workout the iFit app crashed and stopped recording progress. The treadmill kept moving and I did the full length of the workout, but only got credit up to the crash. It wasn't all bad - we got a few inches of snow overnight so I went outside to check in with my plow guy, who I think was excited to be plowing for the first time this winter ! He commented on my weight loss (he hasn't seen me in a while) and that felt great ! Since I had the time and energy I cleaned up the remaining snow in the driveway and outside my side door and on my way back into the house I stopped to pick up a piece of trash that likely blew into the yard yesterday since it was trash day. That capped off my morning because I put my back out !! A simple bend and twist and bam - instant pain and I knew exactly what I'd done. Within seconds I was bent over like a 100 year old woman. I took a couple Tylenol and got to work. What else could I do ? I tried the treadmill at lunchtime but just the warmup speed of 2 mph was too painful so I had to stop. I got my heating pad out and spent the rest of the day enjoying the warmth. I got the game issue resolved and I'm happy to still have all my progress. I don't spend any money on it but I've put in a lot of time and effort to progress this far and I'd have been really sad to lose all that. iFit seemed to be fine at lunch so maybe my internet was messed up this morning. It's so discouraging because I finally got up early and got that morning workout in and now I am likely not going to be on the treadmill for a couple days. I'm still going to try getting up early every day and tomorrow I may just try walking very slowly on the treadmill. I'm not giving up no matter what obstacles are put in my path.
Breakfast was a 2.5 ounce 150 calorie package of buttermilk waffles with sugar free syrup and a 5.3 ounce 80 calorie Light & Fit strawberry cheesecake yogurt. Morning snack was a 120 calorie vanilla shake with peanut butter powder. Lunch was a 3.8 ounce 220 calorie pepperoni pizza melt with a chef salad. Afternoon snack was 1/2 cup cottage cheese (80 calories) and 2 Alyssa's oatmeal cookies (90 calories). Dinner was a 4.7 ounce 250 calorie meatloaf sandwich with roasted veggies. Evening snack was a 2.2 ounce 140 calorie lemon zest cake. Total calories for the day are 1130 and I got 64 ounces of water in.
My morning workout was 25 minutes and burned about 165 calories. As I mentioned, the iFit app crashed so I don't have an accurate distance but I remembered the time and calories from my treadmill display. Since I couldn't use the treadmill I tried the Total Gym after work but that was even more painful so I had to give up on exercise altogether today. Fitbit says I did almost 6,500 steps.
After dinner I put myself to bed with the heating pad. Minnie came to keep me company for a while. After a hot shower I thought my back was feeling better but that didn't last long. If I move a certain way the pain shoots right up my spine. Still, I don't expect to be sidelined for more than a day or two. It's ironic, some days I really hate having to exercise but I missed it today ! We'll see what tomorrow brings. I have the heating pad going and it won't matter if I fall asleep on it because it shuts off automatically after 2 hours. Considering it's 19 degrees outside there was no way I was putting ice on it, so heat it is !

Comments
Post a Comment