Day 746: Effort and Determination
🖤 Get well soon Tommy ! #teamrivs #RageOn 🖤
Today is day 746 of Nutrisystem. This morning I was thinking about the fact that I didn't reach my goal weight by January 4th, despite the fact that it was an entirely reasonable and reachable goal. This quote is spot on because I've made 1000 excuses in my head and I've definitely gotten a little lazy about that goal. I made a lot of mini goals in 2020 and I did not meet most of them ... yet I did nothing about it most of the time. I definitely need to replace excuses with effort and laziness with determination. I wanted to start off this week with renewed effort and that didn't go well. I could not motivate myself to get out of bed early enough to workout this morning. I was awake at 5 .. I was awake at 5:30 .. I was awake at 6:30 and yet I didn't get up. I didn't give myself a pass though - I completed the workout after dinner. Tomorrow I will try again and I will keep trying until I conquer this. I'm on the fence about setting a new mini goal to reach my goal weight. Right now I'm focused on getting my exercise program back on track and reaching 150 pounds lost and that seems like enough for right now. I was thinking I'd like to be at my goal weight by Day 800 ... but quite honestly I'm not sure I can do it. I'll just keep that in the back of my mind and maybe it will give me a little added inspiration. All in all I am incredibly happy with the progress I've made so I'm not complaining at all about Nutrisystem. This program completely and totally works and I am so glad I put my faith in it. Where I am today is really all about my own will power and determination. I definitely strayed and it's taking some time to find my way back. It's kind of like reaching a stretch of unpaved road after miles and miles of a smooth paved highway. The ride is a little bumpier but I'll be back on the pavement before you know it !
Breakfast was a 2.1 ounce 160 cherry cheese roll and a 5.3 ounce 80 calorie Light & Fit creme brulee yogurt. Morning snack was a 120 calorie vanilla shake with peanut butter powder. Lunch was a 3.8 ounce 220 calorie pepperoni pizza melt with a chef salad. Afternoon snack was 1/2 cup cottage cheese (80 calories) and 2 Alyssa's oatmeal cookies (90 calories). Dinner was an 8.2 ounce 240 calorie chicken fajita bowl. Evening snack was a 2.1 ounce 130 calorie strawberry shortcake cupcake. Total calories for the day are 1120 and I got 80 ounces of water in.
I started my exercise day with iFit trainer John Peel in Costa Rica during my lunch hour. After work was Turks & Caicos with iFit trainer Stacie Clark. After dinner was a TED talk, aptly titled "The Language of Being Human", that I should have done this morning. I logged 70 minutes, 3.9 miles and 473 calories. I also put in the usual 45 minutes on the Total Gym. Fitbit says I did about 14,500 steps.
We had a couple inches of snow overnight and now we have a lake effect snow warning from 10 am tomorrow until 7 am Wednesday. My area has dodged most of the big snows so far this winter so we'll see if our luck runs out tomorrow ! I remain grateful that I am working from home full time. It gives me such peace of mind. On that note it's time for a little snuggle time with Abby and then a shower and bed.


Comments
Post a Comment