Day 745: Stubborn Yet Flexible
Today is day 745 of Nutrisystem. I have been stubborn about sticking to the main goals I set when this journey started (lose 154 pounds, pay off credit card debt, get physically fit) but I haven't been quite as good about sticking to the mini weight loss goals I set along the way. I need to work on flexibility because I think I've been TOO flexible. Stretch goals are good because you don't want to set your goals so low that they're easy to achieve, but at the same time you can't set them so high that you can't reach them. I've done both and every time I miss a goal I just say "oh well" and reset it. That's a problem because I'm not examining where I went wrong and taking steps to correct it. Was the goal too hard or was I not committed enough ? In just about every case I feel like the goal was reasonable and reachable, but my commitment was lacking. That's about where I am now. I have a mini goal to reach 154 pounds as that will mark 150 pounds lost. Problem is I'm not working as hard as I could to get there. I let the morning workout slide and made 7000 excuses for it. It's all about a little bit of laziness and a lot of lack of urgency, because I don't have that much weight left to lose. I keep saying I want to reach the finish line but I'm strolling toward it at quite the leisurely pace ! So I'm not walking the talk. I cut myself slack to enjoy the holidays but I was supposed to jump right back on track immediately after. As I mentioned yesterday, I'm finding that it's not that simple and it's a good reminder that a lifetime of bad habits will not simply disappear and that once you lose the weight you can't slip back into any of those habits or you'll end up right back where you started. I'm seeing how easy it really is to backslide ! I swore I would not go back there, so my only choice is to keep going forward. I just have to dig a little deeper and work a little harder and I will get there. I need to be a little more stubborn and a lot less flexible. I have to stop telling myself it's okay if I miss a goal. I managed to get my exercise program back on track after the holidays, with 2 treadmill workouts and a Total Gym session 5 or 6 days a week, but it didn't get me back to where I had been. It's a reasonable goal, if a little bit of a stretch at times, but I know I can do more. Adding that 3rd treadmill workout in the morning is the true stretch goal and I was doing it for a while. Giving it up when I hurt my ankle was the right thing to do but that injury is long healed and I have great shoes to walk in. So it's time to start getting up earlier during the week and get that morning workout in. I decided to schedule super short workouts for the morning. I have to restart somewhere and this feels like the best way for me. I scheduled a series of TED talks and many of them are 15 minutes or less. So we'll see how that goes. I've celebrated my successes for too long and it's time to get back to work !
Breakfast was a 2 ounce 180 calorie cinnamon roll and a 5.3 ounce 80 calorie Light & Fit strawberry cheesecake yogurt. Morning snack was a 120 calorie chocolate shake with peanut butter powder. Lunch was a 1.7 ounce 190 calorie cup of spicy kung pao noodles. You add water to this so the cooked weight is probably 6 or 7 ounces. I also had a chef salad. Afternoon snack was 1/2 cup cottage cheese (80 calories) and 2 Alyssa's oatmeal cookies (90 calories). Dinner was a 9 ounce 260 calorie roasted turkey medallions with roasted veggies. Evening snack was a 2.2 ounce 140 calorie lemon zest cake. Total calories for the day are 1140 and I got 80 ounces of water in.
Today's iFit day was exactly the same as yesterday. I started with iFit trainer John Peel in Costa Rica, then moved to Turkey with iFit guide Mick Davie and finished in Turks & Caicos with iFit trainer Chris Clark. I logged 74 minutes, 4.2 miles and 508 calories. I also put in the usual 45 minutes on the Total Gym. Fitbit says I did about 12,500 steps.


Comments
Post a Comment