Day 742: Your Effort Counts

 

🖤 Get well soon Tommy ! #teamrivs #RageOn 🖤





"For once, stop and thank yourself for

 how far you've come. You've been

 trying to make changes in your life

 and all your effort counts." 






Today is day 742 of Nutrisystem. I've always been one to focus on the things I didn't do or the things I did "wrong" instead of giving myself credit for the things I did do or did right. I can see now how damaging that is to your motivation. My attitude toward myself was that no matter what I did it wasn't good enough. It's a big part of the reason I stopped trying to change anything in my life. I figured I would fail yet again, so why bother ? I'm glad to finally be out of that mindset ! No matter how small the achievement you have to use it as the spark that gets you to bigger and better things ! It's taken a long time but I have to give myself credit for losing almost 150 pounds and paying off all of my credit card debt over the past 742 days ! Those are definitely big changes in my life and it's the result of a whole lot of little sparks that burst into flame along the way. I'm not at the finish line yet and the journey has slowed down, but I will get there. The spark is not gone. I left the pilot light on over the holidays and I'm slowly turning up the gas now so that I can make it to the finish line. I haven't stopped trying ! I think I'm dragging my feet a bit because I'm a little intimidated by what is on the other side of the finish line. I've said this before - maintaining the weight loss is going to be a huge responsibility ! With the help of Nutrisystem and my exercise program I think I'll be fine, but it's still something I worry a bit about.


Breakfast was a 2 ounce 180 calorie cinnamon roll and a 5.3 ounce 80 calorie Light & Fit key lime yogurt. Morning snack was a 120 calorie vanilla shake with peanut butter powder. Lunch was a 3.8 ounce 220 calorie pepperoni pizza melt with a chef salad. Afternoon snack was 3/4 cup cottage cheese (120 calories) and 2 Alyssa's oatmeal cookies (90 calories). Dinner was an 8.2 ounce 240 calorie chicken fajita bowl with roasted veggies. Evening snack was a 2.2 ounce 140 calorie lemon zest cake. Total calories for the day are 1190 and I got 80 ounces of water in.


Today's workout's were a continuation of the Turkey series with iFit guide Mick Davie and the Turks & Caicos series with iFit trainer Stacie Clark. I am really enjoying both of them ! I logged almost 52 minutes, 2.9 miles and 350 calories. I also put in the usual 45 minutes on the Total Gym and Fitbit says I did almost 11,000 steps.



My Nutrisystem order came bright and early today and since I had already made room in the freezer it was pretty easy to put everything away. I cannot wait to start trying all the new dinner entrees but it's going to be a while before I get through everything that I already had. Weather today was quiet but we now have a winter storm watch starting Friday night and going through the weekend. I don't have anything planned for the weekend but I typically go to the grocery store for fresh produce, so hopefully I'll be able to do that. If not, I can make do with what I have or go to Top's, which is right up the street from me. If the weather was super bad I could actually walk there. Needless to say, me and the cats will not starve ! My workday was so unproductive because of a sticky issue that refuses to go away. I put a dent in it today so hopefully I can lay it to rest tomorrow ! I definitely don't want it to follow me into next week, nor do I want to obsess about it all weekend. On that note it's about time for a shower and bed. Abby is passed out on the couch so I'm not going to disturb her for snuggles.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello 2019 !

Day 13: Be The Light

Day 361: Reflection