Day 741: Being Grateful

 

🖤 Get well soon Tommy ! #teamrivs #RageOn 🖤





"Happiness is not about getting 

what you want all the time. It's 

about loving what you have and 

being grateful for it." 






Today is day 741 of Nutrisystem. It was a rather anti-climactic day after yesterday's big achievement but I still found things to be grateful for. First and foremost I'm grateful for the job that gave me the resources needed to pay off my debt. Two years ago I was facing losing it and although it remains tenuous I am far more prepared if and when the axe does fall on me. Being that it's winter I'm glad to have a home with insulated walls and a reliable heating system. I'm grateful to have pipes that don't freeze. I'm grateful to have Nutrisystem, whose shipments never faltered in spite of COVID-19. I'm grateful for the UPS & FedEx drivers who kept the deliveries coming. I'm grateful for my treadmill, my iFit subscription and my Total Gym as they've helped me get in the best shape of my life. I'm immensely grateful that the virus has spared my family. I'm also grateful to all of the essential workers who kept going to work every day in spite of the risk to their own health and well-being. It's rather ironic that the people we rely on the most are the same people that have been looked down on for a long time. When I go to Walmart or Wegman's I always thank the cashier or employees for being there. I very much love what I have. In the eyes of some it's not much but it's more than many have. I don't have a $300k home. I don't have a $50k car. I don't have designer clothes or expensive jewelry. I don't have a prestigious job or title. To all that I say this .... so what ? Do I need a $300k home ? No. Do I need a $50k car ? No. Do I need designer clothes or expensive jewelry ? No. Do I need a prestigious job or title ? No. I don't need any of that, nor do I want any of that. I am happy right where I am with what I have today. I don't want to be judged by what I have or don't have and I do my best not to judge people based on their circumstances in life. Same goes for my weight, physical appearance and fitness. I'm so grateful to be where I am in this journey and it's made me more compassionate towards those who are struggling with weight and fitness. I used to look at people who were "bigger" than me and be grateful that I wasn't "that big". Today I look at those folks with different eyes and a warmer heart. I know the struggle. I know how hard it is to change. You just want to tell them if you just take the first step you can do it .. but instead you say nothing because you know from personal experience that hearing it from someone else doesn't help. You have to find your way in your own time and in your own way. So yeah, nothing earth shattering happened today but I have so much to be grateful for and that is wonderful enough for me. Do I have everything I want ? No, I do not. However, I have enough.


Breakfast was a 2.1 ounce 160 calorie cherry cheese roll and a 5.3 ounce 80 calorie Light & Fit creme brulee yogurt. Morning snack was a 120 calorie chocolate shake with peanut butter powder. Lunch was a 3.8 ounce 220 calories pepperoni pizza melt with a chef salad. Afternoon snack was 2 Alyssa's oatmeal cookies (90 calories) and 1/2 cup of cottage cheese (80 calories). Dinner was a 9 ounce 250 calorie chicken enchilada with roasted veggies. Evening snack was a 2.2 ounce 140 calorie lemon zest cake. Total calories for the day are 1140 and I got 80 ounces of water in.


My iFit day started in Turks & Caicos with iFit trainer Chris Clark and ended in Istanbul with iFit guide Mick Davie. I logged 50 minutes, 2.8 miles and 340 calories. I had my afternoon snack late so I waited and ate my roasted veggies in between the evening treadmill and the 45 minute Total Gym workout. After the TG I had a much appreciated dinner !



Weather was quiet again today. Woke up so the same dusting of snow on the driveway but by late afternoon it had melted. There is nothing major in the forecast right through the weekend. We're either going to get all of our snow at once or we'll have winter until August. Considering how 2020 went nothing would surprise me ! My work day was more hectic than expected and I didn't feel very productive. Only 2 days left in this crazy week ! I had a hard time getting comfortable in bed last night for some reason and didn't get to sleep until very late. I woke up with a sore neck and left shoulder and almost let that be an excuse not to use the Total Gym. The exercise actually helped both, which was my hope. My latest Amazon order came today so I was able to start taking zinc with my daily vitamins. I'm taking a multivitamin, selenium, iron, zinc and calcium. The calcium is obviously for my bones and the iron is for red blood cells, while the selenium and zinc are for immune health. I only take the recommended dosage of each. I don't know what is going on with Fancy Feast cat food but yet again what I've been buying seems to have disappeared from the store shelves and the prices on Amazon have double or tripled. Lucky for me the package I got today had 96 cans in it, which is enough for 48 days, and was purchased before the price shot up. I have another 54 cans in the pantry and probably a dozen on the counter so I think my girls are good for a little bit ! 


Tomorrow my latest Nutrisystem shipment will arrive so I'll be playing some Freezer Tetris to fit it all in there. I spent some time today moving things around and it appears I have plenty of room for the new stuff. I used to order ALL frozen and it was sometimes very hard to fit it all in the freezer since my order consists of 96 items. I order some non-frozen stuff now so it's a bit easier to manage the freezer space. It's really only the frozen dinners that were an issue since they are larger and they are boxed. The breakfast, lunch & snack items I get are smaller and not boxed so they're easier to find space for. I typically have 2 months worth of food on hand so fitting 40 or more of those boxed dinners in the freezer was a challenge ! The freezer will be extra stuffed for a few days but I'm used to that now. The real challenge will be tucking the new stuff behind or under what I already have to ensure the older stuff gets eaten first. Nutrisystem just changed their packaging so it's easy to tell the old from the new, but once everything is in the new packaging it's game on ! On that note it's time for some snuggles with Abby and then a shower and bed. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello 2019 !

Day 13: Be The Light

Day 361: Reflection