Day 739: Balance
🖤 Get well soon Tommy ! #teamrivs #RageOn 🖤
Today is day 739 of Nutrisystem. This quote is a good representation of how I try to look at each new week. I spent too many years carrying the baggage of each week into the next, to the point where the weight on my shoulders was unbearable. Over the past 739 days I finally came to the realization that I can't change what has already happened but I can take steps to continue doing the things that worked and trying not to do the things that didn't. I'm not always successful - sometimes the previous week does follow me but I do wipe the slate clean eventually. Sometimes I spend too much time obsessing about the things I regret or consider a failure. If anything I want to have some balance, where I can be proud of my successes while committing to "fix" my perceived failures. I say perceived because expecting every week to be "perfect" is unrealistic and some things I consider failure are just life. Took me a while to get on board with that thought ! I'm human and I'm not perfect but I'm trying hard and that is all that matters. Last week was all about getting back on track after a couple weeks of holiday eating. I feel like I did a good job but I know I could have done better. Right now my "mini goal" is to get to 154 pounds by January 31st. That's roughly 3 weeks away and will put me at 150 pounds lost. It's actually a stretch goal that I'll talk about more in depth once I achieve it. When I get to 154 I'll be just 4 pounds from my goal weight ! I'm glad there are no holidays associated with food until April 4th (Easter) because I know I will be at or (hopefully) below my goal weight by then. Today was a good start to the week !
Breakfast was a 2.8 ounce 150 calorie package of pancakes with sugar free syrup and a 5.3 ounce 80 calorie Light & Fit creme brulee yogurt. Morning snack was a 120 calorie chocolate shake with peanut butter powder. Lunch was a 3.8 ounce 220 calorie pepperoni pizza melt with a chef salad. Afternoon snack was 2 Alyssa's oatmeal cookies (90 calories) and 1/2 cup of cottage cheese (80 calories). Dinner was a 9.5 ounce 260 calorie roasted turkey medallions with roasted veggies. Evening snack was a 1.8 ounce 140 calorie s'mores pie. Total calories for the day are 1140 and I got 80 ounces of water in.
First workout of the day was 26 minutes in Turkey with iFit guide Mick Davie. Got to see the "real" whirling dervishes ! I had no idea what they were all about so it was interesting ! After work it was time for 25 minutes in Turks & Caicos with iFit trainer Chris Clark. I logged almost 52 minutes, 2.9 miles and 351 calories. Today I used my own speed & incline settings for both workouts. I ate my roasted veggies before my evening workout and also put in 45 minutes on the Total Gym before dinner. I'm liking this new routine a lot better. Eating the bulk of my dinner a bit later helps keep the evening hungries away !


Comments
Post a Comment