Day 562: Live Life To The Fullest
"Live life to the fullest, because you
only get to live it once."
It's Day 562 of Nutrisystem. Summer weekends are my chance to live life to the fullest. My life may seem boring and mundane but it makes me happy and that is all that matters. I don't need exotic locales or fanciness to be happy. That's never been me but there was a time when I thought I wanted that. Once life changed and I started to feel happy again I realized I didn't really want any of the things I had longed for .. sometimes for years. All I ever really wanted was to be happy and I've got that now. Once that happened none of that other stuff mattered. Today I can leave a store empty handed because I didn't find anything I loved .. instead of it being about a lack of funds. Today I can be happy for people who are enjoying nice vacations or other exciting adventures, because they're doing their version of living life to the fullest !
Breakfast was a 2.1 ounce 160 calorie cherry cheese roll and a 5.3 ounce 80 calorie Light & Fit key lime yogurt. I was out for the day after that but I had a 1.8 ounce 200 calorie fudge graham bar to chase away the pre-shopping hungries. I had a good size slice of cheese pizza for the after-shopping hungries. Dinner was a grilled chicken breast served on a delicious focaccia bread. This was billed as a "heart healthy" menu item but the 3 slices of bacon kind of blew that out of the water. It was supposed to be served with fries (also not heart healthy) but I was able to substitute broccoli. A margarita may have appeared at the table too ... lol. I don't have an accurate calorie count so we'll agree it was 1200+. I did get 64 ounces of water in so that was a good thing !
I left the house at 9:30 am and didn't get home until almost 9 pm, so there was no treadmill or Total Gym. Fitbit says I did almost 9000 steps so I got plenty of exercise just from walking. Our shopping day started at Boscov's in New Hartford NY at Sangertown Square mall. The mall itself is open now but many of the stores have not reopened. In a twist, Boscov's still has their dressing rooms closed yet Macy's dressing rooms are open. I was shopped out by the time we got to Macy's so I didn't really even look at their clothes. They don't have much in their food court but the pizza place was open. All of the seating in the mall is off limits so benches have been removed and the food court tables are roped off. Mom and I sat on the edges of the fountain to eat our pizza slice and when we saw mall security heading our way we expected to be told we couldn't do that. Instead .. they wanted to photograph us for mall management to send to Chairman Cuomo !! Apparently the mall owners are trying to get the Dictator of NY to allow seating in the food court by showing him people eating in non-traditional areas. It makes no sense that restaurants can have interior seating yet the mall food court cannot. Malls were struggling before COVID and it is clear they are struggling even more now. So we let them take a photo without our faces. After we were shopped out we headed over to Turning Stone Casino. We had lunch/dinner at Emerald's, where I got the aforementioned grilled chicken sandwich. I was not a winner at the slots but I picked up a couple of Katie Loxton bracelets in the shops, along with a cute pair of leggings thanks to a coupon mom had. I would never pay $46 for a pair of leggings but the coupon took $40 off so I paid less than $11 after tax. You know me, Walmart pricing all day long !
I only ate part of my chicken sandwich at the casino so after I got home I ate the rest of it and settled in to watch tv.

Comments
Post a Comment