Day 559: Your Light



"Life will always have it's ups and

 downs, but the idea is to never let your

 light be dulled. 

~Jon De La Rosa~




It's Day 559 of Nutrisystem. Today was a better day because I was awake before 6 and actually up before 6:10 ! I guess that was my subconscious saying "hold my beer" .. lol ! Whatever it was, I'm glad to have finally had a successful day. I know it may not happen every day but I'm never going to stop trying. I used to let the ups and downs in life derail anything I was trying to accomplish. I gave up so easily and that was the easy way out of everything. I blamed people, I blamed circumstances, nothing was ever my fault. The world was just against me ! Until I actually started trying I had an excuse for everything. Once I started Nutrisystem my success or failure was 100% on me. I couldn't blame anyone else if I failed. Once I started exercising my success or failure was 100% on me too. I struggled with it a lot and I fell back on excuses plenty of times. I still struggle with it a bit, but it's nothing like it was a year or more ago. Once I started paying down debt that success or failure was 100% on me too. The nice thing about trying is you can celebrate every achievement and learn something about yourself if you slip back into old habits. My successes have far exceeded my failures AND my expectations already. 2020 may be the worst year of our lives but it will see me achieve all of my goals: Weight of 150 or less. No credit card debt. Increased fitness. I've already achieved so many "mini goals". Weight under 300, weight under 200. All but 1 credit card paid in full. Clothing sizes out of the "teen" or XL+ range. Ever if I stay in a size 12 jean and a medium top I will be happy.  I am not letting anyone or anything dull my light ! 

Breakfast was a 2 ounce 180 calorie cinnamon roll and a 5.3 ounce 80 calorie Light & Fit strawberry cheesecake yogurt. Morning snack was a 155 calorie vanilla shake with peanut butter powder. Lunch was a 3.8 ounce 220 calorie pepperoni pizza melt with a chef salad. Dressing added 30 calories. Afternoon snack was a 1.42 ounce 190 calorie Nature Valley peanut butter dark chocolate protein bar. Dinner was a new item, a 9 ounce 220 calorie beef 'n beans. It was kind of like chili with chucks of beef. I have to say ... I really liked it ! A few raw onions and a drop of fat free sour cream and it would be awesome. This is a "shelf stable" item so you just heat it for 90 seconds in the microwave and chow down ! Of course I had roasted veggies with it. Evening snack was a 2.1 ounce 130 calorie strawberry shortcake cupcake. Total calories for the day are 1205. I'm over the 1200 I usually stick to but my range is up to 1260 so I'm not worried.

Since I was up super early I got a 31 minute interval workout in. It was another in the Iceland series with iFit trainer Jonnie Gale. We started with four 2 minute pushes at 3.4 mph with 1 minute recoveries (so a 2:1 ratio) and then did eight more 1 minute pushes with 30 second recoveries at the same pace. There was a plenty of incline, including a couple minutes of max incline towards the end, but the speed slowed to compensate for that. My lunchtime workout was #15 in the Grand Canyon series with iFit trainer John Peel. It's always bittersweet to finish one of his series ! This 20 minute interval workout was just about all at max incline but the pace wasn't too bad. The first half was 1 minute intervals at 2 mph with 1 minute recoveries at 1.5 mph. The second half had 30 second intervals at 3 mph because the incline came down periodically. After work I had to fight off the lazy to get a 3rd workout in. The last treadmill "walk" of the day was 32 more minutes of intervals in Iceland with Jonnie Gale. This time we started with four 3 minute pushes at 3.4 mph with 1 minute recoveries at 2.6 mph. Then we transitioned to four 90 second pushes with 30 second recoveries at the same pace. There was very little steep incline until the end, but by then we were walking at 2 mph. I logged 83 minutes, 3.7 miles and 480 calories. After dinner  put in the usual 45-50 minutes on the Total Gym. Fitbit says I've done over 13,250 steps. 

In concerning news, the bank around the corner from my house was robbed today ! I can actually see the bank from my back yard ! I'm not surprised since no one is going to be suspicious when you walk in with a mask on ! I keep all of my doors securely locked but I went around the entire house and garage to make sure everything was locked securely. Even when it's 90 degrees I close and lock all of my windows in the downstairs so I feel pretty secure. I also have a Ring camera but I think I'm going to invest in a couple more to keep an eye on the rest of my property. Other than that bit of nonsense in our sleepy little town I had a great day. I've heard they know who the bank robber is and he may or may not already be in custody, so he's apparently not the sharpest tool in the shed. For once the bank got a perfect photo from their surveillance camera ! I worked out on the front porch until about 4 pm when it got too hot.

Next up is a cool shower and then I'm off to bed. This old girl is tired !


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello 2019 !

The Journey Back: Day 30

Back to Reality