Day 532: Worth Remembering
Do not look back and grieve over the
past for it is gone; and do not be
troubled about the future, for it has
not yet come. Live in the present, and
make it so beautiful it will be worth
remembering."
It's Day 532 of Nutrisystem. I drew a lot of inspiration from this quote. I spent far too long living in the past, trapped by bad memories and unable to move forward. It took the fire to shake me out of that but it wasn't quite enough to move me forward. Life was starting to get better and I made a halfhearted attempt to begin losing weight but I didn't have a plan. I didn't have any goals. I didn't even have a scale. I gave up after a couple of months and went right back to my old eating habits. Food was still my comfort and in my mind it was still my friend. It took another 2+ years for me to really wake up and see how out of control my weight had become. The day I decided I was sick and tired of being fat was one of the best days of my life. The success I've had with Nutrisystem is life changing. I feel better mentally and physically. I don't have aches and pains anymore and I feel stronger than I have ever felt. Not just physically stronger. I feel mentally stronger too. Today I can live in the present and it is beautiful. I may occasionally revisit the past but that's mostly to remind myself of the mistakes I made and how far I've come. The goal there is to keep myself from ever making those mistakes again. I may also worry about the future but I don't let it consume me and I don't dwell on the things I can't change. Was today a great day ? Absolutely. Will tomorrow be a great day ? I don't know .. it's not here yet. Will worrying about it change anything ? Nope.
Breakfast was a 2.5 ounce 160 calorie package of buttermilk waffles with sugar free syrup and a 5.3 ounce 80 calorie Light & Fit creme brulee yogurt. Morning snack was a 155 calorie vanilla shake with peanut butter powder. Lunch was a 4 ounce 230 calorie spinach & cheese pretzel melt with a chef salad. Dressing added 30 calories. I never got around to my afternoon snack. Dinner was an 8 ounce 180 calorie creamy chicken & broccoli pasta served over roasted veggies. Evening snack was a 2.2 ounce 140 calorie lemon zest cake. Total calories for the day are 975 and I got 64 ounces of water in.
I got up a few minutes earlier today .. 6:52 to be exact. Not exactly where I want to be but I will take a few minutes each day. First workout of the day was a 31 minute hike in Lake Tahoe. Today was 1:1 intervals, with 1 minute pushes at 3.1 to 3.3 mph and 1 minute recoveries at 2.8 mph. There was some incline but mostly 6% or less. My lunchtime workout was a 27 minute hike in Costa Rica. This one had intervals of varying length, starting with two 5 minute rounds at 3.2 mph with a 2 minute recovery at 2.4 mph followed by 3 one minute rounds at 3.3 mph with 1 minute recoveries. There was some incline but mostly 2% or less, which barely makes a difference. After work it was time for another relatively easy hike in the Grand Canyon. We're descending the south rim so there is no incline and the pace is a steady 2.6 mph. It was a nice 31 minute walk. As I've mentioned, I'm doing a trifecta with iFit trainer John Peel. I logged 89 minutes, 4 miles and 434 calories. After dinner I put in 40 minutes on the Total Gym. I was kind of full and really just wanted to plop myself on the couch but I resisted that temptation and I'm glad I did ! I also have a fan set up now so I didn't get quite so sweaty and I really enjoyed the workout ! The exercise took away that full feeling so I guess it was good for the digestion !
As I mentioned I got up at 6:52 after 2 rounds of the snooze button. I did not want to get out of my nice warm bed but the treadmill was waiting. Once I am out of bed I am fine but boy, it is so hard to take that first step ! The day started out in the low 60's but I worked out on the porch all day as the temp rose into the mid 80's. I had to come in shortly after 4 as it was just too hot with the sun beating through the windows. It was another beautiful sunny day but we just had a quick rain shower pass through. It was just enough to get everything wet ! Tomorrow is supposed to be another nice day so it's been a great week !
On that note I'm heading for a shower and then it's off to bed. I'd really like to get up by 6:45 tomorrow, so we'll see how that goes !

Comments
Post a Comment