Day 531: Your Life
"The best day of your life is the one on
which you decide your life is your own.
No apologies or excuses. No one to lean
on, rely on, or blame. The gift is yours -
it is an amazing journey - and you
alone are responsible for the quality of
it. This is the day your life really
begins."
~Bob Moawad~
It's Day 531 of Nutrisystem. I love this quote because there is no much truth in it. For me, part of my healing was accepting that a lot of the things that went wrong in my life were the result of poor decisions I made. When I look back and wonder what I could have done to change the outcome I find no answers. As a result I don't spend much time thinking about it, because I can't change the past. It's also painful to look back. I still remember feeling like I was running downhill and couldn't stop, as my life spiraled out of control. December 29, 2018 I finally accepted responsibility for my life. I knew I couldn't change the past 20 years but I had the power to change the next 20. It was all up to me. I got to 304 pounds on my own and it was going to be up to me to get to 150. I had to lean on me, rely on me and blame me if I failed. That was the cold hard truth. January 4, 2019 is the day I started my life over. That is the day I started the Nutrisystem program. It has been and continues to be an amazing journey. I no longer feel like I'm running downhill. Although I'm on an uphill journey I have nothing but positive thoughts about it because I know I'm heading towards good things. Yes, I stumble occasionally but I pick myself up, dust myself off and keep going. Today life is good and God willing it will stay that way.
Breakfast was a 2.8 ounce 150 calorie package of pancakes with sugar free syrup and a 5.3 ounce 80 calorie Light & Fit caramel apple pie yogurt. Morning snack was a 155 calorie chocolate shake with peanut butter powder. Lunch was a 3.8 ounce 220 calorie pepperoni pizza melt with a chef salad. Dressing added 30 calories. Afternoon snack was a 1.3 ounce 180 calorie Jif Power Ups chewy granola bar. Dinner was a 8.2 ounce 240 calorie chicken fajita bowl with roasted veggies. Evening snack was a 2.1 ounce 130 calorie cream filled chocolate cupcake. Total calories for the day are 1185 and I got 64 ounces of water in.
I got up a few minutes earlier today (3 to be exact 🤦🏼♀️ I got up at 6:56 😕) and started the day with a 30 minute hike in Lake Tahoe. The pace ranged from 3 to 3.2 mph and there was some brief incline. My lunchtime workout was a 27 minute 1:2 interval hike in Costa Rica. It consisted of 1 minute pushes at 3.2 mph with 2 minute recoveries at 2.4 mph. He also threw in a 1 minute jog at 4 mph at the end ! There was a fair amount of incline too. After work I completed a 31 minute steady state hike in the Grand Canyon. The pace was 2.6 mph and there was no incline. All 3 workouts were with my favorite iFit trainer John Peel. I logged 88 minutes, 3.9 miles and 448 calories. After dinner I spent 40 minutes on the Total Gym. Some days the Total Gym can feel like a chore and then there are days where it is so satisfying to feel and see your muscles stretching and getting stronger. Today was one of those really satisfying days ! Fitbit says I got over 14,600 steps so that's pretty good !
Weather was gorgeous so I spent the entire day working on the front porch. I did have to retreat around 4:30 because it got too hot. The sun swings around to the east and hits me head on about that time. It's going to be even warmer tomorrow so I'm looking forward to another day on the porch. I am determined to take full advantage of the nice weather because I know it'll be gone before you know it !
On that note I'm heading upstairs for a shower and bed.

Comments
Post a Comment