Day 529: Your Life



"Personal happiness lies in knowing

 that life is not a checklist of 

acquisition or achievement. Your

 qualifications are not your life." 

~J.K. Rowling~


It's Day 529 of Nutrisystem. Today did not turn out the way I planned. I expected to spend maybe an hour at the dentist and maybe another hour grocery shopping. Instead I spent 3 hours at the dentist and almost 2 hours at Wegman's and Walmart. I left the house at 9:45 am and didn't get home until nearly 4 pm. With the best of intentions I changed into my workout gear after I put everything away and then made lunch because I was starving. My energy level crashed before I was done with my salad. Too full after the salad, I didn't have anything else for lunch nor did I have an afternoon snack. In spite of a cup of coffee I was ready for bed at 6 pm. The way I was feeling felt familiar, so I went back and read my blog from May 21, the day I had the root canal. I pretty much crashed that day too but today's procedure had little pain, unlike the root canal. Today was all about grinding away the old silver filling, building up what was left of the tooth, taking an impression and attaching a temporary crown. There was no pain, just a little discomfort here and there, yet I could not muster the energy to get on the treadmill or Total Gym once I was home. Yet again I feel like I failed myself. Did I have some built up anxiety about the procedure ? I didn't really think so but maybe I did and just didn't recognize it. Of course, that could just be me trying to rationalize being lazy. Whatever it is ... tomorrow is another day and there are no excuses for the rest of this week. No excuse not to get up early tomorrow and start the day on the treadmill. I'm actually kind of excited because I'm starting the John Peel triple play: Lake Tahoe, Grand Canyon and Costa Rica. These workouts will take me through the next 2 weeks and (hopefully) get me back on the right track. 

Breakfast was a 2.1 ounce 160 calorie cherry cheese roll and a 5.3 ounce 80 calorie Light & Fit toasted coconut vanilla yogurt. I did not have a morning snack. Lunch was a chef salad, so just 30 calories for the dressing. I didn't have an afternoon snack either. Dinner was a 4.5 ounce 280 calorie chicken & bacon ranch pizza with roasted veggies. Evening snack was a 2.1 ounce 130 calorie strawberry shortcake cupcake. Total calories for the day are 680 and I barely got 16 ounces of water in. 

On a lighter note, the crown process has changed ! Instead of giving me a mouthful of plastic goo to form the impression they used a scanning device that created a 3D image of my teeth. They scanned the upper, then the lower and then my bite and the computer put the images together to create a 3D model that the dentist was able to rotate 360 degrees and view from any angle to make sure it was accurate. They sent it off electronically and the lab will use the images to create the permanent crown. It was pretty darn cool !

Although I thoroughly enjoyed my weekend and have no regrets, being off my routine for 3 days has tilted my world off its axis. I'm looking forward to righting the ship tomorrow and buckling down to work hard for the next 4 days. I'm going to bed now because I'm just exhausted and I want to be able to get up on time and start the day off right.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello 2019 !

The Journey Back: Day 30

Back to Reality