Day 528: Take Time

 

"Slow down and enjoy the journey right

 now. Take time for the people in your

 life. They won't always be there. 

~Joel Osteen~


It's Day 528 of Nutrisystem. This quote fits my weekend perfectly because this weekend is not about diet and exercise, it's about enjoying life with the people that mean the most to me. My mom just turned 80 and every day with her is precious. I missed out on a lot over the years and I can't make up for that, so I am determined to enjoy the years we have left. I'll scold myself about exercise on days that I'm home for hours and choose not to exercise.

Breakfast was a 2 ounce 180 calorie cinnamon roll with a hot cup of cinnamon roll coffee ! I didn't have my usual yogurt but I did make a 155 calorie chocolate shake with peanut butter powder for the road. Since I was going to be out all day I also took a breakfast bar with me. It was a 1.4 ounce 150 calorie cinnamon bun bar. Lunch/Dinner was a buffalo chicken wrap with french fries and a margarita. I ate half of the wrap at the restaurant and brought the other half home. It ended up being my dinner. While I was out I also had a peanut butter cookie that my niece made. I needed something sweet after dinner so I had a 3.5 ounce 130 calorie ice cream sandwich. My countable calories are 615 and I'm sure the wrap, fries, drink and cookie exceeded the 585 calories I had left. I'm a little concerned about being over my calories 2 days in a row but I'll be right back to salads and veggies and all Nutrisystem meals starting tomorrow, so I'm not going to stress about it. The fact that I'm thinking about what I've eaten is a step in the right direction to maintain the loss. If I allow myself to step outside the lines it needs to be easy to get myself back in between them ! I will say this: the half of the wrap I had at lunch was delicious and really hit the spot. The second half that I had tonight was too much for one day. I really should have eaten something lighter this evening and saved the wrap for tomorrow. Lesson learned ! Didn't meet my water goal today either.

I ended up being out much later than I expected. It was almost 9 pm by the time I got home so there was no exercise. Although it sucked having to wear a mask and not be able to try anything on, we managed to fill a couple of shopping bags with merchandise at Boscov's ! When we got back to my mom's house we had a little fashion show because we shopped separately and didn't get to see what everyone picked out. It was quite a lot of fun and everything fit perfectly other than a pair of jeans my mom got that are too large. Now we have an excuse to go back .. lol ! Everything I bought was a size medium, other than a pajama/lounge set that I bought in a large because it was the only one they had and I loved the set ! I bought 5 summer tops, 2 pairs of shorts, the pajama set, a summer jacket and a light sweater to pair with the dress I bought for my brother's wedding in October. I also got a cute pair of sparkly flip flops. Losing the weight has taken so much pressure off my feet that they don't hurt anymore and I can wear things that don't give you a lot of support, like flip flops. Everything was on sale since most stores have tons of unsold spring and summer clothing. Shopping was fun but not the same. If the dressing rooms were open I might have bought more clothing. Trying on shoes is a hassle so I skipped that, even though I'm looking for some strappy sandals. You can't sit on any of the furniture. We always took a break in the furniture department ! The old fashioned candy counter is closed so we didn't get to breathe in the aroma of chocolate and fudge, not that you'd smell it with a mask on ! No perfume testers at the cosmetics counter either. My sister wanted to go to Turning Stone Casino so that is where we had lunch. We ended up at Emerald's again and had the same waitress, who recognized mom and I from yesterday. Awkward ! LOL. Food was delicious again so we really enjoyed ourselves. We gambled a bit afterwards. I came home a loser, which isn't surprising since I won yesterday.

This was one of the best weekends I've ever had. Although life has changed for all of us we're doing our best to adapt and enjoy life. Shopping for clothes is so much fun for me now. It feels good to dig through a rack for a medium instead of a 4X or 26 ! I had to make a little joke today about the fact that restaurant tables are so far apart now. For years I had to carefully pick my way through restaurant dining rooms that were jammed with tables, trying to find gaps that were wide enough for me to fit through. People would look at you and I'd always think they were hoping I wasn't going to try and squeeze past them. Now that I don't have to worry about that the tables are 6 feet apart ! That is just my luck ! Squeezing into a booth was sometimes a problem too as restaurants crammed more and more people into the same square footage and they got tinier. Chairs with arms were a problem too because I hung out both sides and they were often uncomfortable. I'm glad to have those days behind me. The shops at the casino are stocking masks now so I bought a couple more. One is black with white polka dots and the other is white with black polka dots. I figure masks are going to be a way of life for a while so I might as well have a few to choose from. The ones I bought have adjustable ear loops, which is kind of nice. I may use my crafting skills to embellish them a bit, we'll see !

It's getting late and I have to be up and out early for the dentist, so I'm heading for a shower and bed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello 2019 !

The Journey Back: Day 30

Back to Reality