Day 286: It Starts With A Dream



"It starts with a dream. Add faith, and it becomes a belief. Add action, and it becomes a part of life. Add perseverance, and it becomes a goal in sight. Add patience and time, and it ends with a dream come true." ~Doe Zantamata~ 


When I started Nutrisystem back on January 4th I never really thought about what life would be like as a "thin" person. I guess maybe I didn't really expect to ever be anything other than fat, old and ugly. Sitting there on my couch December 29th I was so unhappy. I had been given a fresh start after the fire and had every reason to be happy, but all I could focus on was my weight. So this didn't start with a dream but it become one somewhere along the way. I think I started with more of a wish, a wish to not be fat anymore. I don't think I ever said to myself "I want to be thin". That word just wasn't in my vocabulary when it came to myself. I also don't know that I had faith in myself. Again, somewhere along the road faith came into play and I started to believe. The whole journey started with action, that leap of faith, and somewhere along the way action became my new way of life. After 286 days I guess it's safe to say I've shown perseverance and there are definitely goals behind me and still in front of me. Patience and time have been key from day 1 and my dream is already beginning to come true. I might still be old, I might still think I'm not attractive but I'm not going to be fat anymore. I don't consider myself to be "thin" right now but I'm getting there. My ultimate dream will come true when I reach my goal weight. So I like this quote because it captures all aspects of the past 9+ months. I still marvel at what I see in the mirror every day. There is still disbelief. Today I realized my size 16 jeans are starting to get loose but I'd really like to wear them until I can fit into a 12. A couple of the size medium tops I bought "just fit" on the day I bought them but 2 weeks later they fit perfectly. Everything with an X in the size is headed for the donation pile, because I don't intend to ever need those sizes again !

Breakfast was a 3.6 ounce 160 calorie Canadian style turkey bacon, egg and cheese muffin with cinnamon roll coffee. Second cup on the go was macadamia cookie. Breakfast power fuel was 100 calorie string cheese. Morning snack was a 155 calorie chocolate shake with peanut butter powder. Lunch was a 4 ounce 230 calorie four cheese melt with raw carrots. Afternoon snack was 2.5 cups of Skinny Pop popcorn (100 calories) and a 5.3 ounce 80 calorie Light & Fit strawberry cheesecake yogurt. That left 385 calories for dinner and an evening snack. Dinner was a 5 ounce 210 calorie broccoli and cheese stuffed chicken breast that I served with green beans. Evening snack was a 1.6 ounce 130 calorie red velvet cupcake. Total calories for the day are 1155 and I got about 80 ounces of water in.

Today was an office days and wouldn't you know it, I didn't sleep well last night ! I woke up around 12:30 pm with pain in my abdomen. Yesterday I had a huge salad for lunch and a whole bag of broccoli with dinner, so I'm thinking it was all that roughage moving through my digestive tract. I didn't feel sick, just uncomfortable. I try to mix cooked and raw veggies to avoid digestive upset but some days my body rebels no matter what I do. Since I didn't sleep much after that it was tough to drag myself out of bed this morning, but I did. I left the house a little later than usual and traffic was actually better, so it wasn't all bad !

The commute home was no fun - rainy and windy so it was slow going. My Nutrisystem order was waiting for me so I spent some time stuffing all that into the freezer, which is now packed solid ! Although I wanted to skip right to dinner and the couch I forced myself to get on the treadmill after I fed the cats. I did the third workout in the Grand Canyon series, which was a steady pace of 2.6 mph for about 30 minutes. I really wanted to do something more challenging but I was tired and my stomach is still not 100%, so I settled for something relatively easy. I still burned about 175 calories ! I want to complete the entire 12 workout series so it makes sense to do them in order. I'll probably do #4 tomorrow and then try to get 5 and 6 done on Friday. Doing my workouts before dinner on office days is working so much better !

Time for a shower and bed .. hopefully I will sleep better tonight !

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello 2019 !

The Journey Back: Day 30

Back to Reality