Day 285: Never Stop
"Change is sometimes needed to better yourself, love yourself and truly be happy. Never stop working on being the best you can be. It's a life long endeavor. ~Angelique Laforest Tremblay~
Change is hard and my first reaction to it is usually fear. That's probably true for most of us, because very often the change is not by our own choice. In my professional life I'm pretty much still doing the same job but with a different group of people. That change was hard because I hated seeing the folks I worked with for so many years go. I still miss most of them and I'm hoping this forced change is turning into a positive for them. At the same time, this change brought me the flexibility to work from home 3 days a week, which is a huge positive with winter coming, and I'm so grateful for it. This change, while difficult, has worked out for me and that brought a significant amount of guilt with it for a while. You would think that since the decision to join Nutrisystem was my own, there would have been no fear attached to it. Oddly enough, there was. Fear of failure loomed large when I hit the submit button on my order 12/29/18. There was also fear I wouldn't like the food. That little mouse click was a $400 gamble, on a very dark day in my life, that I would finally find a weight loss plan that worked. Little did I know that 9 days later I would initially regret that purchase, because on 01/07/19, only 3 days after I officially started, I received word that my center was closing. After the initial shock I decided I would continue the program because I had to eat and I knew I was already spending over $400 a month on food anyways. It ended up being a wise decision since I'm still employed and have lost over 100 pounds. I LOVE saying that ! Sorry, not sorry ! My success has made it possible for me to love myself, maybe for the first time in my adult life and that's a big deal ! As the quote goes, I'll never stop working on being the best I can be. I still have a significant amount of weight to lose and I have a long way to go before I will feel that I am physically fit.
Breakfast was a 2.5 ounce 160 calorie package of buttermilk waffles. I used my breakfast power fuel to put peanut butter on them, which adds about 95 calories. They were yummy with a cup of maple pecan coffee ! Second cup was macadamia cookie. Morning snack was a 155 calorie vanilla shake with peanut butter powder. Lunch was a 4 ounce 220 calorie spinach and cheese pretzel melt with a large chef salad. Dressing added about 40 calories. Afternoon snack was an apple (95 calories) and a 5.3 ounce 80 calorie Light & Fit toasted coconut vanilla yogurt. This left 355 calories for dinner and an evening snack. Dinner was a 4 ounce 180 calorie artichoke and spinach stuffed chicken breast with steamed broccoli. Evening snack was 1.8 ounce 140 calorie butterscotch cake. Total calories for the day are 1165 and I got 64 ounces of water in.
Today was a beautiful fall day. The sun was out most of the day but it only warmed up into the low 60's. I checked in with the paving company that is supposed to be putting in a new driveway for me this month and it looks like they won't be starting until the end of the month. I'm really looking forward to that as the driveway has been steadily deteriorating. I've lived here 14 years now and I'm sure the driveway was put in many years ago. During lunch I got a nice workout in, another Grand Canyon walk with my favorite trainer, John Peel. It's a 12 part series and I've only done a few of them so far. After dinner I did another of his workouts, this time from his Costa Rica "walking" series. I put quotes around walking because this workout consisted of six 45 second intervals at 3.3 mph, with 45 second recoveries at 2.6 mph in between each interval. After that there were three 2 minute intervals at 3.4 mph, with 2 minute recoveries in between at 2.4 mph. I don't know about you, but 3.4 mph is not a walking pace unless you're the energizer bunny ! Anyhow, 3.4 mph is about top speed for me. I did surprise myself by getting through the workout without getting winded or wanting to quit. When I read the description of the workout the 2 minute intervals almost scared me away, so I'm glad I decided to give it a try ! I came in 5th out of 50 on the leader board, so that was pretty cool !
Tomorrow is an office day and wouldn't you know it, my Nutrisystem frozen food order is being delivered ! I have a sign on the door and my FedEx guy puts in inside the entryway, so it's out of sight and won't get swiped. With the dry ice it'll still be frozen solid when I get home tomorrow night so I'm not worried. Next up is a shower and an early bedtime !
Breakfast was a 2.5 ounce 160 calorie package of buttermilk waffles. I used my breakfast power fuel to put peanut butter on them, which adds about 95 calories. They were yummy with a cup of maple pecan coffee ! Second cup was macadamia cookie. Morning snack was a 155 calorie vanilla shake with peanut butter powder. Lunch was a 4 ounce 220 calorie spinach and cheese pretzel melt with a large chef salad. Dressing added about 40 calories. Afternoon snack was an apple (95 calories) and a 5.3 ounce 80 calorie Light & Fit toasted coconut vanilla yogurt. This left 355 calories for dinner and an evening snack. Dinner was a 4 ounce 180 calorie artichoke and spinach stuffed chicken breast with steamed broccoli. Evening snack was 1.8 ounce 140 calorie butterscotch cake. Total calories for the day are 1165 and I got 64 ounces of water in.
Today was a beautiful fall day. The sun was out most of the day but it only warmed up into the low 60's. I checked in with the paving company that is supposed to be putting in a new driveway for me this month and it looks like they won't be starting until the end of the month. I'm really looking forward to that as the driveway has been steadily deteriorating. I've lived here 14 years now and I'm sure the driveway was put in many years ago. During lunch I got a nice workout in, another Grand Canyon walk with my favorite trainer, John Peel. It's a 12 part series and I've only done a few of them so far. After dinner I did another of his workouts, this time from his Costa Rica "walking" series. I put quotes around walking because this workout consisted of six 45 second intervals at 3.3 mph, with 45 second recoveries at 2.6 mph in between each interval. After that there were three 2 minute intervals at 3.4 mph, with 2 minute recoveries in between at 2.4 mph. I don't know about you, but 3.4 mph is not a walking pace unless you're the energizer bunny ! Anyhow, 3.4 mph is about top speed for me. I did surprise myself by getting through the workout without getting winded or wanting to quit. When I read the description of the workout the 2 minute intervals almost scared me away, so I'm glad I decided to give it a try ! I came in 5th out of 50 on the leader board, so that was pretty cool !
Tomorrow is an office day and wouldn't you know it, my Nutrisystem frozen food order is being delivered ! I have a sign on the door and my FedEx guy puts in inside the entryway, so it's out of sight and won't get swiped. With the dry ice it'll still be frozen solid when I get home tomorrow night so I'm not worried. Next up is a shower and an early bedtime !

Comments
Post a Comment