Day 284: Never Be Embarrassed



"Never be embarrassed by your struggle. Never apologize for the things you've worked hard for. Every part of your journey has beauty in it, so never let anyone drag you down for climbing to a better place." ~Vex King~


I love this quote and it really fits where I am right now. For a long time I was embarrassed by the state of my life and home but I've gotten past that, now that both are in better shape ! I don't think I've ever apologized for the things I've worked hard for but I do keep some things to myself, because there's a thin line between sharing your happiness and bragging about it. How do you tell the difference ? I don't really know that you can, because everyone has a different way of looking at things. When you put something out there you'll find some people are genuinely happy for you and others, not so much. It's okay, because I've been there and I know how it feels when your life is a hot mess and other people are living the dream ! It's why I stress that people don't have to "like" my blog posts. I'm not looking for likes or praise. My goal is to keep myself accountable and motivated and to have something positive to look back on. I'd be thrilled if my posts inspire positive change in someone else's life, but I don't need to know that unless it's something that person is comfortable sharing. I hid the state of my life for so many years, out of shame, so today I'm happy to have good things I can put out there - things that I'm proud of. If it helps someone, great. If it entertains you, I'm glad. If it's an eye roll, why are you wasting your time ? LOL ! I've pretty much always danced to my own tune and that's not going to change. 

Breakfast was a 2.1 ounce 180 calorie cinnamon roll with cinnamon roll coffee. Second cup was kahlua. Breakfast power fuel was a 5.3 ounce 80 calorie Light & Fit tiramisu yogurt. Morning snack was a 155 calorie chocolate shake with peanut butter powder. Lunch was a 3.8 ounce 210 calorie chicken mozzarella melt. I added some salsa and had a big chef salad with it. Dressing added about 40 calories. Afternoon snack was an apple (95 calories) and a Cracker Barrel pepper jack cheese stick (90 calories). This left 350 calories for dinner and an evening snack. Dinner was a 7.5 ounce chicken marsala over riced cauliflower. Evening snack was a 1.9 ounce 120 calorie tiramisu. Total calories for the day are 1200 and I got 64 ounces of water in.

Today was kind of a typical fall day, chilly and grey, so I was glad to be comfy and cozy at home working. I got a quick workout in during lunch and another one after work, so today was a good day. It's ironic, before Nutrisystem I used to hate Monday's but that is no longer the case. If I deviate from the Nutrisystem plan that usually happens on weekends, so Monday is the day I get back on track and set the tone for the rest of the week. So today was a perfect Monday and I'm feeling positive about the rest of the week ! Time for a shower and bed .. tomorrow's another work at home day !

My blog is not and never will be monetized (no ads and I make no $$$) but I'm going to start putting this Nutrisystem link at the bottom of each post. New customers can save $100 ($50 off on the first 2 automatic shipments). I also get $100 credit, so it is an affiliate link. Feel free to use it or share it with anyone you might know who is considering Nutrisystem and wants to save a little money.  https://www.talkable.com/x/EHG4TO





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello 2019 !

The Journey Back: Day 30

Back to Reality