Day 283: You Have The Power



"At any given moment you have the power to say: This is not how the story is going to end."


Some days I really have to search for inspiration, but today this quote jumped right off the page. There was no need to look any further because this quote is so true. You do have the power to decide how life is going to go, but again - that is easy to say when all the things that were wrong in my life have been swept away ! Fall of 2017 was really my first attempt to exercise and lose some weight. I had some limited success but I was clearly not committed to a true lifestyle change because I let my broken wrist be an excuse to basically give up. Once I moved back into my house I fell right back into my old habits and used food for comfort as I adjusted to being back home. It wasn't until 12-25-18 that I really saw, for the first time, how out of control my weight had gotten. So the fire on 8/8/17 didn't quite wake me up. Getting hit by a car that October didn't do it either. It took those Christmas photos to make me see where I was and where I was going. I had no idea how precarious my job situation was when I made the decision to join Nutrisystem, but I'm glad I did it before that bombshell dropped. Thankfully it all worked out but if I hadn't made the commitment beforehand I'd probably have retreated into emotional eating and gained even more weight. So no matter how my story ends it will definitely have a much happier ending ! If I had to go out and look for a new job tomorrow it wouldn't be so scary, because I feel better about the way I look and would be more confident in myself and my abilities.

Breakfast was a 3.75 ounce 90 calorie turkey ham and cheese omelet with brown sugar crumble coffee. Since there is no smart carb in the omelet you have to add a serving of fruit, so I had 1/2 cup of peaches (80 calories). My breakfast power fuel was a 5.3 ounce strawberry cheesecake yogurt. Morning snack was a 155 calorie vanilla shake with peanut butter powder. Lunch was a 200 calorie fudge graham bar and an apple, since we were out to the apple orchards. Afternoon snack was a small portion of pasta with meat sauce that my older sister made. Dinner was a 7.5 ounce 220 calorie chicken fettuccine alfredo. I don't really know the calories on the pasta plus I had the apple, so I'm just logging my calories as 1200 for today. I didn't get 64 ounces of water in today and I didn't work out.

I had such a nice day today. My whole family went to Owens Orchards in Weedsport, NY to pick some apples. I "picked" mine in their store but my niece and her dad walked the orchards and picked their own. I also picked up a couple of small pumpkins to set outside, along with a jar of "hot slow roasted garlic" salsa and a bottle of italian herb vinaigrette salad dressing. I bought the salad dressing to try because it only has 20 calories in 2 tablespoons, which is only 5 more than the fat free dressing I've been using. For the life of me I can't remember the name of the apples I bought but they are wonderful, super crisp and tart ! I ate one right there at the orchard. I only bought a small bag but I plan on enjoying each and every one of them ! We all went back to my niece's house afterwards and she and my younger sister carved pumpkins and we had the pasta my older sister made for dinner. I counted it as my afternoon snack because I had such a tiny portion. Later on mom and I went to Point Place casino for a little gambling. I came out of there $60 ahead and that paid for the groceries I bought on the way home. Although it was 8:30 pm I stopped at Walmart on the way home because I was out of salad fixings. I am SO glad I did .. because they had clearly just stocked the lettuce and it was nicer than I've ever seen there ! I ended up buying 3 heads so I'll be eating a lot of salad this week ! I also bought frozen veggies, yogurt and a bag of Skinny Pop popcorn so I'm all set for a while.


Tomorrow is a work at home day so it's time for a shower and bed !

My blog is not and never will be monetized (no ads and I make no $$$) but I'm going to start putting this Nutrisystem link at the bottom of each post. New customers can save $100 ($50 off on the first 2 automatic shipments). I also get $100 credit, so it is an affiliate link. Feel free to use it or share it with anyone you might know who is considering Nutrisystem and wants to save a little money.  https://www.talkable.com/x/EHG4TO




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello 2019 !

The Journey Back: Day 30

Back to Reality