Day 280: Positive Changes



"Fitness is about so much more than exercise. It's a catalyst for positive changes, and it affects every aspect of your life."


As you can imagine, I've never been about fitness. I don't like exercise but I know it's necessary. I also know how good I feel after a workout, but I still drag my feet every day. I'm feeling better about it this week because I've branched out and tried some new workouts, but it's still a struggle. I'm starting to see why a lot of people exercise in the morning or afternoon, because it's not so hard to get myself on the treadmill then. Evenings are a problem, maybe because I'm tired or just lazy. On days I work from home I may try getting a workout in before work and then during lunch so that I can have the evening off. The days I go to the office would be the only evening workout. Weekends could be morning and afternoon workouts too. I may try to do this starting next week. I'm already trying some shorter but more intense workouts. I feel like you should be sweating and winded after a workout and what I'm doing now is doing that ! I would agree that fitness is a catalyst for positive changes. Losing 100 pounds has taken a huge burden off my heart and lungs but exercise is helping strengthen them both. It's nice to be able to walk up the stairs without being winded. Life is so much better in so many ways I can't even describe. It likes  a light bulb lit up in my brain back on December 29th and changed my life. I never, ever expected to be where I am today so quickly. I've said before that some days happiness just overflows. Today is one of those days. I'm just so grateful and blessed.

Breakfast was a 4.4 ounce turkey sausage and egg muffin with triple chocolate coffee. Second cup was macadamia cookie. Breakfast power fuel was 100 calorie string cheese. Morning snack was a 155 calorie chocolate shake with peanut butter powder. Lunch was a 3.8 ounce 220 calorie pepperoni pizza melt with raw carrots. Afternoon snack was 2.5 cups of Skinny Pop popcorn and a 5.3 ounce 80 calorie Light & Fit tiramisu yogurt. Dinner was off plan - 1/2 of a bacon cheeseburger and a few fries with ketchup. I couldn't tell you what the calories were so I'm just putting my calories at 1200 today. I did not have an evening snack since I indulged at dinner. I got 64 ounces of water in.

It was an unexpectedly nice fall day - temps in the high 60's but with lots of sunshine it sure felt warmer ! I went out at lunch to get my car washed and fill up the gas tank. I didn't really "need" gas yet but I won't be back to the office until Wednesday and the car really needed a wash. I'm so happy to be able to do little things like this during lunch. The car wash is always packed after work on nice days and you have to wait forever. I had to wait a little bit today but I was just happy to be out in the sunshine ! Since I don't have to get up quite so early tomorrow and it was such a nice day, I decided to pick up mom and go to Point Place casino for dinner and a little gambling ! We shared a burger and fries and it was probably the best burger I've had in 5 years. Cooked to a perfect medium and the fries were piping hot. I didn't have any luck at the slots but I didn't spend much. Mom came away a winner, yet again, so I was happy for her. We had a nice evening and I got home around 10 pm. 

Since I'm working from home tomorrow I'll get an extra workout in to compensate for that bacon cheeseburger and those fries ! Over time I've come to accept that it's unrealistic to think I will never eat "bad" foods again. I'm going to have a steak now and then, or a cheeseburger, or some fries or even dessert. I won't keep that food in the house and you won't find me going through fast food drive thru's, but if I'm eating out I may have something extravagant. I've said before that if I can stay within the Nutrisystem guidelines 5-6 days a week there is no reason I won't continue to lose weight and be able to maintain the loss. Even if I had an extra 300 calories tonight (which I'm sure I didn't) that would not cause a weight gain. If I did that all the time it might, but I don't plan on doing that ! I'm having my family over for a pasta dinner in November and you can bet I'll be having some, especially since I'm making homemade sauce ! 

It's late and I do have to get up for work, so it's time for a shower and bed. What a great day I had !!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello 2019 !

The Journey Back: Day 30

Back to Reality