Day 156: Building The New



"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." ~Socrates~

Wise words from Socrates ! This is exactly where I am today. I've put the past behind me and I'm focused on building my life into what I want it to be from this day forward. Losing the weight is my primary focus but I've also taken the time to address my career and ensure I'm prepared for the future. I'd like to work another 8-10 years and my hope is that I can do that with the same company. I don't really want to start over again, but I will if I have to. That is nothing new for me !! Today I am better equipped to deal with change and it doesn't seem so scary. I'm looking forward to new adventures and hopefully, new opportunities ! Would I be happy to stay in my same job until retirement ? Of course, I have a great job and work with some great people but I feel like I have a lot more to offer. So we'll see where that goes. For now, I am 100% in control of my other "building" project and that is the quest to lose the weight ! When I signed up for Nutrisystem I was taking the biggest leap of faith of my life. I had no idea what to expect and for that reason I didn't know how successful I would be, if at all. Nearly a lifetime of bad habits is not easy to overcome but so far I couldn't be happier with my progress. This is not a race and although I would love to be dropping 5 pounds a week I'm happy to stay with slow and steady. I'm pretty impressed with my progress to date !


************************************************************
2 more pounds gone this week ! That's a total of 66.2 since January 4 !
************************************************************

Breakfast was a 4.4 ounce 180 calorie turkey sausage and egg muffin with Jamaican Me Crazy coffee. I went with a heartier breakfast since I was going to be out all day. Morning snack was a 155 calorie vanilla shake with peanut butter powder. These are easy to shake and go so I took it with me. Since I was out today celebrating my mom's birthday I didn't eat per the Nutrisystem plan, but I think I did ok. We went to a local cheese producer and tasted 15 varieties of cheese. I know that sounds like a lot but the pieces of cheese were tiny. They were also delicious ! I brought home several varieties. I snacked on carrots until we had dinner but I did indulge in a margarita at Del Lago. Not the huge frozen super sweet ones, this was on the rocks and it was delicious. We had dinner at Portico and I ordered chicken piccata with fettucine and roasted brussel sprouts. The portion was massive - 3 chicken breasts ! Needless to say I only ate one, along with maybe 1/3 of the fettucine. I skipped the homemade bread and rolls as much as it killed me to. I also skipped dessert but I did have a decadent glass of Merlot. The brussel sprouts were amazing, sauteed in garlic and lemon. I am going to try this at home ! I couldn't tell you what my calories were, but I had a lot to work with since I didn't have my breakfast power fuel, lunch, my afternoon snack or dinner. So I had 5 power fuels (400 - 600 calories) and 3 smart carbs (240 - 360 calories) to work with. I did have a Nutrisystem dessert when I came home, a 1.9 ounce 120 calorie tiramisu. So my countable calories are 455, which left me 745 to work with for the rest of the day. I'm going to guess I went over that between the cheese, 2 cocktails and my dinner. 

Although I didn't eat Nutrisystem food all day I made an effort to limit my calorie intake by skipping the bread and dessert at dinner. I also brought 2/3 of my dinner home. I could easily have consumed the entire meal, it was that good ! I don't view any of this as "cheating". For me it's more of a test of my will and another lesson in making the healthiest choice you can. Life is going to happen and the key is to limit eating out and when you do, make good choices.

I didn't get my water in today nor did I exercise. I spent several hours setting up my new phone when I got home so I won't have that distraction tomorrow. The goal for tomorrow is to get 2 workouts in, along with a whole lot of water ! Next up is a hot shower and bed ... it's been a long day !




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello 2019 !

The Journey Back: Day 30

Back to Reality