Day 149: One Idea
"Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. Let the brain, muscles, nerves, every part of your body, be full of that idea, and just leave every other idea alone. This is the way to success. ~Swami Vivekananda~
This was the first quote that caught my eye this morning but I skipped over it and continued looking. I needn't have bothered because I compared every quote after that to this one and kept coming back to it. It really describes my journey with Nutrisystem. I have made losing weight my life and it really is all that I think about. Yes, there was a time I was distracted by the uncertainty with my job and I had to spend some time considering career options, but today I am back to 100% focus on losing the weight. There have been so many "non scale victories" (NSV) over the past 5 months. The other day I sat in the "big and tall" desk chair that I bought a few months back and I felt like I was sitting in one of those giant chairs they have in amusement parks ! Make no mistake - this chair is a little slice of Heaven. It is SO comfortable ! I no longer worry about "fitting" in chairs, no matter where I go. Same goes for restaurant booths. No more tight squeezes ! Getting up from a chair is also so much easier when you have 60+ fewer pounds to move ! Getting into the car is easier - my thighs don't have to squeeze between the wheel and the seat ! I can sit with my laptop in my lap .. because I now have a lap ! I also bought some unmentionables the other day and was able to purchase a single digit size .. for the first time in many, many years ! I don't know if I'll ever see single digit sizes in my tops and bottoms but I would be happy to just get out of the "plus" sizes. The day I can buy a size "large" top will be monumental for me. Over the years there have been so many clothing items I really wanted to buy but they didn't come in "my size". Novelty t-shirts were always a disappointment as they often only went up to XL and I haven't been able to even think about wearing that size for many years. My sister commented that one day I'll be able to go into Victoria's Secret and actually buy something other than perfume ! All of these little things motivate me to work harder to achieve my goal.
******************************************************************************
Today's weigh in: I lost 2.8 pounds this week! That's a total of 64.2 pounds since January 4
******************************************************************************
I was a little worried about today's weigh in after yesterday's indulgence ! I forgot to mention that I also had a glass of wine, so I am sure I went over my calories. It was worth it though, because it was nice to have a chance to just sit at the bar in the casino and have a conversation with my older sister. We don't often have a chance to talk, just the two of us, and I really enjoyed that. Today I spent a little more time reviewing my choices for my next shipment of NS food. I've noticed there are some items I keep skipping over when I look in the freezer for something to eat, so I've eliminated them from my order. If I'm skipping over them then they're not really a favorite ! Doesn't mean the item isn't good, it's just that some others are better ! So my next order will be ALL of my favorite items.
Breakfast today was a 2.1 ounce 160 calorie cherry cheese roll with caramel vanilla cream coffee. 2nd cup was Green Mountain Breakfast Blend. Morning snack was a 155 calorie chocolate shake with peanut butter powder. Lunch was a 4 ounce 220 calorie bbq chicken melt and a chef salad with Kraft Zest Italian dressing and some high protein croutons. Afternoon snack was 1/2 cup of cottage cheese (80 calories) and some pretzels (110 calories). Dinner was a 9.5 ounce 260 calorie roasted turkey medallions with mashed potatoes and gravy. I also made some brussel sprouts. Evening snack was a 3.5 ounce 130 calorie ice cream sandwich. My calories for the day are 1117 but if I add in the salad dressing and croutons that puts me at about 1200.
During yesterday's shopping trip I came across Toasted Marshmallow Mocha k-cups ! This is a Limited Edition flavor from Green Mountain. I had to buy a box because flavored coffees are my jam ! This morning I looked online just to make sure they have no calories and my heart sank when I saw a Google result indicating they contain 115 calories ! Thankfully this turned out to be inaccurate and they in fact have no calories. I also got a box of Kahlua flavored k-cups and they also have no calories. I can't wait to try both of them !
Weather today turned out so amazing. The first thing I did when I got up was strip the bed and put fresh sheets on. After a shower and my weigh in I opened a few windows and headed downstairs. Opened the front door to let in the fresh air and sunshine. During the summer I love leaving the door open all day. The porch door is securely locked and I don't really worry here in the village. I also opened the windows in the kitchen and one in the living room ! This is really the first "heat off, open windows" day of 2019 !! I also opened the door in the laundry room since I now have that beautiful screen door ! Cleaned up after the cats and fed them, then sat down with a hot cup of coffee and my breakfast roll. I slept in this morning ( 9 am ) and feel so well rested. Last night I was so tired - I didn't even shower before I went to bed, even though I had planned to. I was just too tired. My back and neck feel better today but my shoulder is still tender. This is nothing new - this shoulder has been problematic for a long time. I'm left handed so I tend to use my left arm for everything and sometimes I overdo it. I was able to get one workout in today and although I wanted to get 2 in, I'm not going to stress about it. I didn't do very well on my water today either, so I need to work harder on that still. I did bring a fan in from the garage to use while I work out. I spent well over an hour taking it apart and cleaning it. It's been in the garage since before the fire so it was pretty dirty. It looks brand new now !
I've had a wonderful vacation and it will be over all too soon ! I decided to stay home today and just enjoy this beautiful day and I did ! We had a brief thunderstorm late in the evening but it didn't last long. Next up for me is bed .. I'm tired !

Comments
Post a Comment