Day 128: Life Is Too Short



“Life is too short to wake up with regrets. So love the people who treat you right. Forget about the ones who don’t. Believe things happen for a reason. If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.”
This quote appears to be a variation of something that was attributed to Dr. Seuss. Whoever said it, they are so right. I wasted so many years and now I want to make up for all that by living life to the fullest. I feel like I did get a second chance and I will never let go of it !
Breakfast today was a 2.1 ounce 180 calorie cinnamon roll with caramel vanilla cream coffee. Morning snack was a 155 calorie vanilla shake with peanut butter powder. I had my breakfast Power Fuel around 1 pm and that was a 100 calorie string cheese. Lunch was a 1.8 ounce 200 calorie chocolate peanut butter bar because I was out for the day. I’m glad Nutrisystem sent me some free lunch bars ! The alternative to this would have been the snack bar at Costco ! Everybody else had hotdogs and soda and people around us were eating pizza. I didn’t mind - I enjoyed the bar ! I didn’t have an afternoon snack so I combined it with dinner, which was 1/2 of a grilled cheese and a few french fries (maybe 6 or 7) with ketchup. I also had a cup of black coffee. Mom and I met my brother and his girlfriend out at Costco and afterwards mom and I went to Point Place casino, which is where we had dinner. The grilled cheese and fries were delicious but wow, I could taste every bit of the greasy butter they use to grill. This may not have been the healthiest meal but I’m ok with it. My evening snack was a 1.9 ounce 120 calorie tiramisu. I can only guess the calories in the grilled cheese and fries, so I’ll take 1200 for today’s calorie count. That would assign 444 calories for the grilled cheese and fries, which I think it a reasonable estimate. One thing I did NOT get in today was water ... so I’m chugging it now. I will probably be peeing all night but the water is so important. I also think that greasy sandwich and salty fries made me thirsty - plus I just got done with my workout - so I need to hydrate. Although I didn’t get home until almost 9 pm I forced myself to get on the treadmill. Workout is a breeze these days so I think I’m going to have to choose something a little more challenging very soon !
I did weigh myself this morning - I’ve lost 2.8 pounds since April 30th so my new total is 53.8 pounds. I wish it were more, but Nutrisystem tells you up front one to two pounds a week and that’s where I am.
All in all I had a wonderful day and I have no regrets. Love spending time with my brother and his girlfriend - he found himself a great woman ! Also love spending time with my mom. It’s been hard for her since my dad passed away. We all miss him, but I think she misses him 100 times more. As I mentioned, my dinner was not the healthiest choice but it fit within the Nutrisystem guidelines and it is something I would only have once in a great while. Life is going to interfere sometimes and I do have to learn to eat “regular food” at some point. This was a good exercise in portion control - my mom and I have often shared one meal at the different casinos because she is not a big eater. I did have to force myself to stop eating the fries as they tasted way too good ! I had been craving grilled cheese and now I’ve got that out of my system. I do not consider this meal to be “cheating”. Cheating would have been eating the entire sandwich and all of the fries myself with 2 or 3 glasses of lemonade .. something my mom pointed out, as that is what I’d have done in the old days ! Funny thing ... it’s after 11 pm and I am craving veggies since I had none today ! I miss them !
I picked up a couple of new items at Costco to have as afternoon snacks: 100 calorie bags of Skinny Pop popcorn and 80 and 90 calorie fruit cups. Both of these qualify as a Smart Carb so I would have to pair them with a Power Fuel of some sort. Yogurt, nuts, cottage cheese or other cheese products would work. Eggs also work. A 3 ounce veggie burger is also a Power Fuel and I have some of those in the freezer, along with veggie sausage !! The Sargento Balanced Breaks are good but I feel like I need some variety in my snacks. I also miss having popcorn and fruit. Peanut butter is also a Power Fuel .. imagine melting some of that in the microwave and drizzling it over the popcorn ! I also bought myself a new tablet at Costco today. It was a great deal ($100 off !) and it’s basically a larger version of the tablet I already have. We’ll just call it my 50 pound gift !
I’ve been up since 7 am so I’m starting to droop. Have a few things to do online and then I’m headed for bed. Happy Mother’s Day to all the mom’s out there !!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello 2019 !

The Journey Back: Day 30

Back to Reality