Day 124: A Day Away
“Each person deserves a day away in which no problems are confronted, no solutions searched for. Each of us needs to withdraw from the cares which will not withdraw from us.” ~Maya Angelou~
Today was just another day. No comparisons to the past, no deep thoughts, no inspiration. It was a day to let the mind be quiet and just live the moments as they occur. Sometimes you just need to take a break from analyzing every thought. A day to just breathe and let life happen. So that is what today was. A day away.
Breakfast was a 2.1 ounce 180 calorie cinnamon roll with hazelnut coffee. 2nd cup was caramel vanilla cream. Morning snack was a 155 calorie vanilla shake with peanut butter powder. Lunch was a 4 ounce 230 calorie meatball parmesan melt. I had my breakfast Power Fuel with it (100 calorie string cheese). No veggies today ! Afternoon snack was a 180 calorie Sargento Balanced Breaks. Dinner was a 4 ouncee 180 calorie artichoke and spinach stuffed chicken breast. I had this with brussel sprouts sprinkled with romano cheese, so I got my 4 servings of veggies ! Also got all 64 ounces of water in today. Evening snack was a 2.2 ounce 140 calorie lemon zest cake. Total calories for the day came in at 1167. I’ll round that up to 1200 since the romano cheese adds a little bit.
There was no exercise today as I didn’t get home until 7. Had to drop the Charger off to have the fuel door repaired, pick up my rental and make a stop at Wegman’s. I got some salad greens, a seedless cucumber (yes, I’m still trying to eat cucumber), fresh brussel sprouts, fresh green beans and 6 pounds of baby carrots ! So carrots are back on the menu tomorrow and I”ll be roasting a big pan of veggies this weekend. I also remembered to get some salsa !
I wasn’t very enthused with the rental. It’s a 2018 black Jeep Wrangler. It has none of the bells and whistles that my car has, so I’m clearly spoiled now. I had expected to get a Grand Cherokee so the Wrangler was a disappointment. Enterprise comped me some fuel and I’ll only have it a day or two so it’s not the end of the world. It sits so high I didn’t even try to put it in the garage, so it’s sitting out there in the driveway for the night. It didn’t dawn on me until a short time ago why I’m really not liking this vehicle: the car that hit me back in October 2017 was a Wrangler and I still remember that front end coming at me. So I think that’s a big part of the reason I don’t like the vehicle. Hopefully MZMAYHEM will be back in her garage tomorrow night. The dealer will wash her so I’ll be treating her to a big tank of gas ! LOL
It’s late for me so I’m heading for a hot shower and a warm bed !

Comments
Post a Comment