Day 627: Attack The Week

                                                                                             🖤  Get well soon Tommy ! #teamrivs #RageOn 🖤



"Remember that you are in charge of

 your life. You can do anything that

 you set your mind to. Get in the right

 frame of mind, set some goals and

 attack the week. Be proactive, take

 charge and remember that you 

are awesome.
 
~ Tony T Robinson ~ 


It's day 627 of Nutrisystem. This was the perfect quote for a frosty Monday morning ! There was a time that I wasn't really in charge of my life. I let outside influences take me down roads that were not in my best interest. Once things changed and I was on my own again I didn't really have a purpose in life. For a long time I was just surviving. I finally started to wake up after the fire, mostly because life started to get better and I realized I was still living in the wreckage of the past, literally and figuratively. My entire life needed to be rebuilt along with my home. Having the rebuilding of my home taken out of my hands gave me the opportunity to start working on myself but I didn't do a very good job with that at first. I knew I needed to lose weight but I wasn't 100% committed to it and I gave up pretty quickly. I continued to happily eat myself into oblivion until Christmas 2018. There was no hiding from it then. To say I was horrified is an understatement. There are no words to adequately describe just how awful I felt when I saw myself in photos. Suffice to say I was pretty devastated. I could have just kept doing what I was doing but something changed in me and I found the courage to take action. I took the leap of faith on Nutrisystem. I was finally in the right frame of mind and able to set reasonable goals and then start working towards them. I stopped blaming everyone else for the things that I had allowed to happen. I took charge of my life and I took ownership of the past, then I started working hard to change. There's still a lot of work to be done but I've proven to myself that I can do anything I put my mind too. 


Update on Tommy Rivs indicates today was a big day ... he's been removed from ECMO after 61 days !! This is a huge step forward ! He is in good spirits, CT scan was to be done today and chemo is scheduled for Wednesday. He is continuing to receive physical therapy. It's wonderful to hear such amazing progress is being made. I really hope the CT scan brings more good news. I also hope the chemo doesn't beat him down quite so hard this time around. At this point all we can do is wait, continue to pray and hope for that miracle. Rage on Tommy !


Breakfast was a 2.1 ounce 160 calorie cherry cheese roll and a 5.3 ounce 80 calorie Light & Fit strawberry cheesecake yogurt. Morning snack was a 120 calorie chocolate shake with peanut butter powder. Lunch was a 3.8 ounce 220 calorie pepperoni pizza melt with a chef salad. Monday salads are always awesome because everything is super fresh ! Afternoon snack was a honey crisp apple and a 1 ounce 110 calorie piece of maple bacon cheddar cheese. I'm logging this snack as a total of 200 calories. Dinner was a 9.5 ounce 260 calorie roasted turkey medallions with mashed potatoes and gravy and a bowl of roasted veggies. Evening snack was a 1.8 ounce 140 calorie chocolate cupcake. Total calories for the day are 1180 and I got 80 ounces of water in.


It was quite the struggle to get out of that nice warm bed this morning ! I finally did and was able to squeeze a short workout in before work. It was a 23 minute hike in St. George, UT with iFit trainer Zac Marion. It was programmed with 30 second intervals at 2.8 mph with 1 minute recoveries at 2.4 mph but I'm working towards endurance so after a short warm up I set the pace at a steady 3 mph. I increased the pace by .1 mph every 5 minutes and for the last minute I boosted it to 3.5 mph. There were some brief inclines but I was able to maintain my pace. My lunchtime workout was one I've been avoiding since it involved incline and I had enough of incline in August ! But I bit the bullet and did it anyway. About 2/3 of this one was at max incline. The pace was pretty slow since this is a beginner series, so I could have just sailed through all 27 minutes of it. I opted to increase the pace into the 3 to 3.2 mph range much of the time, though during some of the max incline I dropped back to 2.8 or 2.9 mph. The last few minutes were flat so I boosted the speed to 3.2 with a 3.4 mph burst for the last minute. I worked up a sweat so I was working hard ! After work it was time for 33 minutes of random intervals with iFit trainer Ashley Paulson in Highland, Utah. The programmed pace ranged from 2.5 to 3.4 mph and there was plenty of 5% incline along with a couple brief periods of 10% incline. I didn't need to increase the pace on this one because she always make you work hard ! I logged 83 minutes, 3.9 miles and 522 calories. After dinner I completed my usual Total Gym routine. Fitbit says I did almost 16,000 steps today.


As expected it was pretty chilly this morning so I didn't venture out to the front porch until lunchtime. After tonight we're going to be back to low's in the 50's with daytime highs in the 70's so I should be able to spend more time on the porch. During lunch today I was able to roast a huge pan of veggies so I'm all set for the week. Showing a 4 pound weight loss this past weekend has given me a much needed boost of motivation. Even before Saturday I was working harder on the treadmill because I found that I had more endurance than I thought, but the loss will help me continue to push myself. I really want to reach my goal weight no later than January 4, 2021. Can I lose 11.2 pounds by then ? It's about 15 weeks away so that is less than a pound a week. It's a reasonable goal but I have to keep working hard and not let the excess of Thanksgiving and Christmas derail me. The last few pounds of any weight loss journey always seem like the hardest because you're so anxious to get there ! It's a little scary too because once you're there you suddenly have this huge responsibility to maintain the loss. The day I see 150 or less on the scale will be the happiest day of my life !


On that note, it's time for a shower and bed. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello 2019 !

Day 351: Pause and Reflect

Day 413: Trying To Be Better