Day 595: The Other Side
“In life, there are some things we might
never really "get over". Sometimes the
best we can do is just "get through". But
that's okay - there's still a lot of
beauty to find on the other side!”
It's Day 595 of Nutrisystem. As much as I'd like to believe I've "gotten over" all the wrongs that were done to me in my life, the reality is I haven't and I won't. Some wounds are so deep that your only option is to let a scar form. Those scars will stay with you but they don't have to define you or keep you from living the best life you can. That's pretty much where I am. The wounds have scarred over and I think about them less and less. I did get through it and I'm starting to see the beauty on the other side.
News continues to be good for Tommy Rivs. Although he remains sedated the ventilator and ECMO are on the lowest settings and he is stable. It's been a long 7 weeks and there is still a long uncertain road ahead, so we can only hope the tide is turning and he is winning this fight.
Breakfast was a 2.1 ounce 160 calorie cherry cheese roll and a 5.3 ounce 80 calorie Light & Fit lemon meringue yogurt. Morning snack was a 120 calorie chocolate shake with peanut butter powder. Lunch was a 4 ounce 220 calorie bbq chicken melt with a chef salad. Afternoon snack was a 1.4 ounce 190 calorie Great Value peanut butter dark chocolate protein bar. Dinner was a 7.5 ounce 220 calorie chicken fettuccine alfredo served over riced cauliflower. Evening snack was a 2.1 ounce 130 calorie cream filled chocolate cupcake. Total calories for the day are 1120 and I got 64 ounces of water in.
First workout of the day was a 32 minute hike on Kilimanjaro with iFit trainer Zac Marion. The majority of the workout was at max incline and I set my pace at 2.5 mph. When the incline dropped I increased my pace to 3 mph. My lunchtime workout was 25 minutes of walk-jog intervals in Thailand with iFit trainer Betina Gozo. Most of the first 20 minutes was at max incline and since I don't jog I set the pace at 3 mph with 2.5 mph recoveries. The intervals started at 30 seconds with 3o second recoveries then increased to 45 second intervals and finally 1 minute intervals. After work I completed another Kilimanaro hike, this time with iFit trainer Jake Norton. Most of this 4o minute workout was at max incline too so my butt was dragging by the end. The pace ranged from 1.5 to 2.7 mph so I didn't have to decrease the programmed speed. I actually increased it at some points because anything under 2 mph is too slow for me, even at max incline. I logged 97 minutes, 3.9 miles and a whopping 703 calories. After dinner I put in the usual 50 minutes on the Total Gym. Tomorrow is my day off Total Gym and I have 129 minutes scheduled for the treadmill - plus I'll be out on Saturday - but I'm planning on giving Level 3 another try on Sunday. Other TG enthusiasts have advised you can't expect to move up a level and still do the same number of reps. I had to build up to 2 sets of 25 on each arm exercise at Level 2, so I'm going to have to do the same thing with Level 3. The recommendation was try for 10-15 to start. I already do the squats for the lower body at the highest level so this is all about increasing upper body strength.
Weather started off cool and overcast this morning but it was warm enough that I worked out on the front porch all day. By lunchtime the sun was out and I didn't need my hoodie. I sat out there and had dinner and then went back out after my Total Gym session. By 8:30 it was too dark and I came inside. I could have put the light on but without any window coverings I'd have felt like I was sitting in a fishbowl. Once I find some blinds or curtains I can sit out there when it's dark.
My new scale arrived today but I didn't have a minute to open the box. I will do that tomorrow and the plan is to hop on it Saturday morning and see where I am. As I've said, I'm going to go with whatever weight it records.
On that note it's about time for a shower and bed. I am tired !

Comments
Post a Comment