Day 591: Note To Self

                                                   

                                                                                              🖤  Get well soon Tommy ! #teamrivs #RageOn 🖤








"I don't want to hear about what you

 used to do years ago. What are you doing

 to better yourself today ?"



                        
It's Day 591 of Nutrisystem. This quote couldn't have been more perfect for me. I've spent too much time rethinking the past when I should have my focus 100% on the here and now. I've said it 100 times: you can't change the past. I do find that I spend less and less time regretting the past but I sometimes fall back on the events of the past to justify failure in my current life. I need to look at each day as an opportunity. Every day we're given 24 hours to live our best life and I've wasted far too many of them.

No change in Tommy Rivs status. Still critically ill. Still fighting hard. So many unknowns. Is the chemo working ? Are his lungs healing ? So many questions without answers. We continue to pray for a miracle.

Breakfast was a 2.8 ounce 150 calorie pancakes with a drizzle of syrup and a 5.3 ounce 80 calorie Light & Fit strawberry cheesecake yogurt. Morning snack was a 120 calorie chocolate shake with peanut butter powder. Lunch was a 3.8 ounce 220 calorie pepperoni pizza melt. Afternoon snack was a 1.24 ounce 190 calorie Nature Valley Roasted Nut Crunch bar. Dinner was an 8 ounce 230 calorie chicken with apricot glaze served over riced cauliflower. Evening snack was a 1.8 ounce 140 calorie chocolate cupcake. Total calories for the day are 1130 and I got 64 ounces of water in. 

After yesterday's iFit snafu it felt good to be back on the treadmill today. I started off with the longest workout on my schedule, a 47 minute "run" along the beach in Kauai, Hawaii with iFit trainer Jonnie Gale. I don't run and I could certainly never run for 47 solid minutes at speeds up to 6 mph so I set the pace to speeds I could manage, 2.8 mph to 3.4 mph. I allowed the machine to control the incline and at the 20 minute mark we did hill climbs at max incline for 10 minutes ! Second workout of the day was another challenge. It was a 33 minute hike in Hawaii with iFit trainer Chris Clark. I did this one back on 07-02-20 and 11-25-19. The first time I did it I thought I was going to die. The second time it was much easier but still pretty tough. Today it felt even easier, so clearly my fitness level has increased. Speed ranged from 2.1 to 3.6 mph and there was plenty of max incline. Third workout of the day was another repeat, a 20 minute climb in the Alps with iFit trainer John Peel. It was at max incline for about 16 of those 20 minutes and the pace range from 1.8 to 3.2 mph. I logged 100 minutes, 4.7 miles and 609 calories. Fitbit says I did almost 20,000 steps today ! I did not use the Total Gym today.

I slept in until about 10 today and woke to the sound of my lawn being mowed. Since I was out of fresh veggies I had no choice but to go out and do some grocery shopping. I made a quick stop at Target to pick up the graham crackers my mom likes and then headed to Wegmans. So weird to leave there with a cart full of nothing but veggies & yogurt ! Last stop was Walmart to pick up the rest of the items on my list and then I headed home. In addition to a shortage of cinnamon graham crackers (which are manufactured in the country of Mexico) it seems there is now a shortage of the canned cat food I buy ! I have 12 days worth left and then they'll have to eat something else. I have plenty of canned food but most of it is stuff they won't eat. I spent over an hour scouring the internet to see of anyone had it, but found nothing. I guess if they're hungry they'll eat whatever I give them. 

Long past time to take my frustrated self upstairs for a shower and then it's off to bed !

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello 2019 !

Day 13: Be The Light

Day 351: Pause and Reflect