Day 590: Convincing Your Mind

  

                                                                                                                    🖤  Get well soon Tommy ! #teamrivs #RageOn 🖤








"Your body can stand almost anything.

 It's your mind that you have to

 convince."



                        
It's Day 590 of Nutrisystem. Today was a frustrating day. iFit had an outage this morning so instead of getting in a scheduled workout I just walked on the treadmill in manual mode. When I got home tonight the treadmill didn't want to connect to iFit even though the app is working. Instead of more mindless walking on the treadmill I used the Total Gym and called it a day .. but the problem with the treadmill was bugging me. So there I was at midnight reinstalling the iFit app and reading the instructions for pairing the app to the treadmill. Finally got everything working by 1 am. I would not have been able to sleep if I didn't resolve the issue tonight. I plan to be on the treadmill first thing in the morning.

Update on Tommy Rivs is that he is doing well. It's still a one day, maybe one hour at a time kind of waiting game. He's still critical. He's still on life support. His lungs are still failing. But he is still fighting. I saw a guy at the casino today with a t-shirt that said "pain is weakness leaving the body" and I thought about Tommy. He struggled to breathe for weeks before they finally had no choice but to put him on a ventilator and then ECMO. Before cancer struck him down he was rehabbing from an injury that cost him a shot at the Olympics. He self isolated from his wife and children for weeks because he thought he had COVID. He avoided going to the hospital because he worried about the cost. He's endured so much physical and mental pain and never showed any weakness. There was never a "why me" from him. We continue to pray for a miracle.

Breakfast was a 2.1 ounce 160 calorie cherry cheese roll and a 5.3 ounce 80 calorie Light & Fit toasted coconut vanilla yogurt. I was out for the day after that and yet again crammed all my calories into one meal. Mom and I ate at Upstate Tavern at Turning Stone Casino. I finally hit on a pretty healthy choice that didn't include fries ! I had a veggie burger that was served with an arugula salad. The burger was amazing and I opted not to eat the bun. The salad was just arugula and thinly sliced radish & celery with a simple oil & vinegar dressing. It was really good ! A few of mom's fries did sneak off her plate onto mine .. I don't know how that happened .. lol ! Anyhow, this was my morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack and dinner all rolled into one. I brought home a piece of zucchini bread and had that for my evening snack with a cup of coffee. I'm recording my calories as 1200 and got about 32 ounces of water in.

It was a fun day out with mom and I don't regret a bit of it. Summer will be over before we know it. More importantly, my mom won't be here forever so I like to enjoy every moment I can with her. I may have slacked off on exercise the last couple days but I will put the train back on the tracks tomorrow and ride it into the work week. I do have to run to the grocery store but I don't plan on letting that interfere with my workout schedule. I work 8 hours during the week and still manage to get 3 workouts and a Total Gym session done ... so taking an hour or two to go shopping is no excuse to deviate from that.

On that note it is long past time for a shower and bed. I am beyond tired.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello 2019 !

Day 13: Be The Light

Day 351: Pause and Reflect