Day 410: No Limits
"There will be obstacles. There will be
doubters. There will be mistakes. But
with hard work, with belief, with
confidence and trust in yourself and
those around you, there are no limits.”
~Michael Phelps~
I faced plenty of obstacles when I first started with Nutrisystem. Hearing I might lose my job 3 days after I started could have led to a far different outcome. January of 2019 was no fun. Between the job news, issues with my heating system, issues with my water and being sick much of the month could have sent me right back to food for comfort. I don't know that I had any doubters to worry about. If I did, they didn't make themselves known to me and the goods news is they'd have had to eat their words ! Yes, I made mistakes along the way. For a time I wasn't eating enough and it slowed my weight loss. I also struggled to drink the recommended amount of water every day. I also took advantage of every possible excuse not to exercise. Over time things leveled out as my job wasn't going anywhere right away, the heating & water issues were corrected, I started eating the recommended number of calories and I worked harder to exercise and drink enough water. Confidence took a long, long time to develop and I'm still taking baby steps with that. I don't give myself enough credit for the progress I've made and there are many days I worry about a particular workout I have scheduled because I'm not sure I can do it. It's been months since I encountered a workout I couldn't do but I still have that lack of confidence in the back of my mind. In reality there truly are no limits to what I can do. I'm only 27 pounds away from my goal weight and that is astonishing. I had hoped to be able to reach my goal within 18 months (which would be July 4, 2020) but I started out prepared for it to take 2 years. July 4 is about 20 weeks away and I have 27 pounds to lose, so I need to lose about 1.35 pounds a week to reach my goal by then. So it's more important than ever to work hard, believe in myself, have confidence I can do it and trust in the process. Will it be the end of the world if I'm not quite there when July 4 rolls around ? Not really - I'll just keep working at it until I get there.
Breakfast was a 2.1 ounce 160 calorie cherry cheese roll. Power fuel was a 5.3 ounce 80 calorie Light & Fit key lime yogurt. Morning snack was a 155 calorie vanilla shake with peanut butter powder. Lunch was a 3.8 ounce 220 calorie pepperoni pizza melt with a chef salad. Dressing added 30 calories. Afternoon snack was a 1.58 ounce almond, blueberry & oat bar. Dinner was a 5 ounce 210 calorie broccoli & cheese stuffed chicken breast. I had a big bowl of roasted veggies with it. Evening snack was a 2.2 ounce 140 calorie lemon zest cake. Total calories for the day are 1175 and I got 64 ounces of water in.
Since today was a work at home day I was able to get a workout in during lunch. I completed #18 of 23 in the Easter Island series with Dr Dale Simpson. This 23 minute walk had a little bit of incline but that and the 2.5 mph pace was manageable. After dinner was the major workout that I worried about all afternoon. It was #17 of 23 in the Mount Kilimanjaro series with Jake Norton. The entirety of this 45 minute workout was at max incline, which is 10% for me. The pace was relatively easy at 1.5 to 1.9 mph but I still worked up a sweat. 10% incline doesn't look that difficult but you definitely have to work harder even at a slow pace. I logged 2.2 miles, 68 minutes and 410 calories. After dinner I got on the Total Gym and spent about 45 minutes doing various exercises.
I'm glad tomorrow is another work at home day as snow is in the forecast. We've actually had a relatively mild winter so I can't really complain about snow. However, I can't wait for Spring to get here .... only 31 more days !
Time for a shower and bed. I'm definitely tired so I shouldn't have any trouble getting to sleep !
Breakfast was a 2.1 ounce 160 calorie cherry cheese roll. Power fuel was a 5.3 ounce 80 calorie Light & Fit key lime yogurt. Morning snack was a 155 calorie vanilla shake with peanut butter powder. Lunch was a 3.8 ounce 220 calorie pepperoni pizza melt with a chef salad. Dressing added 30 calories. Afternoon snack was a 1.58 ounce almond, blueberry & oat bar. Dinner was a 5 ounce 210 calorie broccoli & cheese stuffed chicken breast. I had a big bowl of roasted veggies with it. Evening snack was a 2.2 ounce 140 calorie lemon zest cake. Total calories for the day are 1175 and I got 64 ounces of water in.
Since today was a work at home day I was able to get a workout in during lunch. I completed #18 of 23 in the Easter Island series with Dr Dale Simpson. This 23 minute walk had a little bit of incline but that and the 2.5 mph pace was manageable. After dinner was the major workout that I worried about all afternoon. It was #17 of 23 in the Mount Kilimanjaro series with Jake Norton. The entirety of this 45 minute workout was at max incline, which is 10% for me. The pace was relatively easy at 1.5 to 1.9 mph but I still worked up a sweat. 10% incline doesn't look that difficult but you definitely have to work harder even at a slow pace. I logged 2.2 miles, 68 minutes and 410 calories. After dinner I got on the Total Gym and spent about 45 minutes doing various exercises.
I'm glad tomorrow is another work at home day as snow is in the forecast. We've actually had a relatively mild winter so I can't really complain about snow. However, I can't wait for Spring to get here .... only 31 more days !
Time for a shower and bed. I'm definitely tired so I shouldn't have any trouble getting to sleep !

Comments
Post a Comment