Day 409: Move It
“Nobody cares for your excuses. Nobody
pities you for procrastinating. Nobody is
going to cuddle you because you are
lazy. It's your ass. You move it.”
Now that's the motivational quote I needed for this lazy Sunday ! A side effect of working out late in the evening is not being able to sleep. I finally got to sleep sometime after 3 am and was wide awake before 9:30, so the motivation to do anything other than sit on the couch was in short supply this morning ! I did try to go back to sleep but failed, which is probably a good thing. The difference between the old me and the new me is the new me wasn't willing to let today be another wasted day. I procrastinated about my weight for so many years. I can't tell you how many times I told myself I'd start eating better 'next week'. I'd start using the treadmill 'tomorrow'. I'd start addressing my financial situation 'next month'. When next week, tomorrow or next month came and went I had 100 excuses to justify my lack of action. Let's face it - it was easier to just keep eating and doing nothing. It was easier to keep using the credit cards as a crutch instead of putting together a plan to pay them off. The only person lecturing me about my weight and financial situation was me, and I was easy to ignore. Losing weight is hard. Getting fit is hard. Paying off debt is hard. Don't let anyone tell you any of it is easy, because it's not. If losing weight was easy, no one would be fat. If getting fit was easy, no one would be out of shape. If paying off debt was easy, everyone would be debt free. Yesterday I sat on a bench outside the casino buffet waiting for my mom and I was people watching. I look at heavy people differently now, because I know what a struggle it is. I just want to go up to them and tell them how wonderful they would feel if they lost some weight and got more exercise. Of course I don't, because in reality I think most heavy people know they need to lose weight and they know they'd feel better if they did. I certainly knew it ! I also have a certain level of sympathy for people who clearly shouldn't be gambling away their money, but I can't say anything to them either. I spent plenty of money in casinos that should have been used to pay down debt. I would drop $300 in the casino and then say I couldn't afford new clothes. The casino was an escape and while I was there spending the money I didn't care. The regret came later, when I went home with an empty wallet. I had the same relationship with food. I would stuff myself and then regret it .. and then do it again the next day. Once I decided to address my weight it made sense to address my physical and financial fitness at the same time because the behaviors were intertwined. It was all about self medicating, whether with food or casino entertainment. It took a while but I finally broke the cycle and food is not about comfort anymore. Physical and financial fitness are both important parts of my life now, because I can see changes happening and I have goals. Having less aches and pains and feeling and seeing the difference in my body motivates me to continue working hard at fitness. Being down to one credit card and living a cash life motivates me to continue working hard on paying off debt. I also go to the casino less and take less money with me when I do go. Yesterday I spent a lot of time just walking around the casino. My point is none of the good things in my life would be possible without motivation. I had to motivate myself. Excuses had to go. Procrastination was no longer an option. I could sit on my ass and eat and die or I could get my ass moving, lose the weight and live a better life. You already know the path I've chosen !
Breakfast was a 2.1 ounce 180 calorie cinnamon roll with caramel vanilla cream coffee. Power fuel was a 5.3 ounce 80 calorie Light & Fit toasted coconut vanilla yogurt. Morning snack was a 155 calorie vanilla shake with peanut butter powder. Lunch was a 4 ounce 230 calorie four cheese melt with a chef salad. Dressing added 30 calories. Afternoon snack was a 1.58 ounce 180 calorie almond, blueberry & oat bar. This left 345 calories for dinner and an evening snack. Dinner was an 8 ounce 190 calorie double grilled chicken with fennel cream sauce. You won't be seeing this entree again as I don't like the fennel flavor. I had a big bowl of my roasted veggies with dinner and you'd have thought I was eating a giant bowl of ice cream the way I gobbled them down ! I haven't made them in a while so it was a nice change from plain old steamed veggies. Evening snack was a 2.2 ounce 140 calorie lemon zest cake. Total calories for the day are 1185 and I got 64 ounces of water in.
After I got up and fed the cats this morning I spent some time picking up the house and then finalized the Nutrisystem order I started at 2 am, since I wasn't sleeping. I pushed out my next auto-ship again and ordered 30 days worth of food "a la carte" because they have a 50% off sale going on. It saved me a ton of money. I paid $246.22 for 120 items and used $100 gift cards I bought for $55. So in reality I spent about $137 for 120 items. Last month I shopped a 48% off sale so I saved a lot there too. They exclude some of my favorite items from their sales so I load up on those when I get an auto-ship delivery. At this point I'm going to keep pushing out my auto-ship as long as I can. I sure hope all 120 items will fit in the freezer !
I really wanted to sit on the couch and drink coffee all day today but instead I had my morning shake and then got on the treadmill. I completed #16 of 23 in the Mount Kilimanjaro series with Jake Norton. I was tired and wasn't sure I was going to be able to make it through this entire workout but not trying was not an option. About 9 minutes in I started to feel less tired and knew I could get through it. Nearly 29 minutes of the 35 minute workout was at max incline (10% for me) and speed varied from 1.4 mph to 2.6 mph. This was an intervals workout of 1 minute pushes and 30 second recoveries. The speed was manageable for me because it was geared for treadmills that support much steeper inclines, but I still managed to sweat some ! 10% is pretty steep for me ! After my workout I had lunch and then sat down to relax with a cup of french vanilla coffee. About 6 pm I pushed myself back off the couch and got my veggies in the oven to roast. I made a huge pan and have enough leftovers to make another one. I made a mix of green beans, broccoli, carrots, brussel sprouts and mushroom dressed with olive oil and a bunch of seasonings, including a garlic jalapeno blend and some hot garlic powder. Once they were in the oven I sat down with my afternoon snack and a cup of hazelnut coffee. I tend to get started eating later in the day on weekends and that helps me not have the "munchies" in the evening. Once the veggies were done I turned off the oven and headed back to the treadmill for workout #2 for the day. I completed #8 of 14 in the Easter Island series with Dr Dale Simpson. This 29 minute walk was no joke as it had some 6% and 10% inclines but the pace was about 2.5 mph for just about the entire walk. I logged 2.4 miles, 65 minutes and 428 calories today. After dinner I hopped on the Total Gym and ran through my usual 30 minute set of exercises. My reward was my evening snack and a cup of coffee.
Weekends are so short but I enjoyed every moment of mine. Yesterday was a great day with my mom and today was a great day to relax but still get things done. Tomorrow is a work at home day so it's a nice way to ease into the week. Right now it looks like the weather is going to be relatively quiet all week so I'm happy about that !
Time for a nice warm shower and then it's off to bed. Hopefully I'll get to sleep a little earlier than last night !
Breakfast was a 2.1 ounce 180 calorie cinnamon roll with caramel vanilla cream coffee. Power fuel was a 5.3 ounce 80 calorie Light & Fit toasted coconut vanilla yogurt. Morning snack was a 155 calorie vanilla shake with peanut butter powder. Lunch was a 4 ounce 230 calorie four cheese melt with a chef salad. Dressing added 30 calories. Afternoon snack was a 1.58 ounce 180 calorie almond, blueberry & oat bar. This left 345 calories for dinner and an evening snack. Dinner was an 8 ounce 190 calorie double grilled chicken with fennel cream sauce. You won't be seeing this entree again as I don't like the fennel flavor. I had a big bowl of my roasted veggies with dinner and you'd have thought I was eating a giant bowl of ice cream the way I gobbled them down ! I haven't made them in a while so it was a nice change from plain old steamed veggies. Evening snack was a 2.2 ounce 140 calorie lemon zest cake. Total calories for the day are 1185 and I got 64 ounces of water in.
After I got up and fed the cats this morning I spent some time picking up the house and then finalized the Nutrisystem order I started at 2 am, since I wasn't sleeping. I pushed out my next auto-ship again and ordered 30 days worth of food "a la carte" because they have a 50% off sale going on. It saved me a ton of money. I paid $246.22 for 120 items and used $100 gift cards I bought for $55. So in reality I spent about $137 for 120 items. Last month I shopped a 48% off sale so I saved a lot there too. They exclude some of my favorite items from their sales so I load up on those when I get an auto-ship delivery. At this point I'm going to keep pushing out my auto-ship as long as I can. I sure hope all 120 items will fit in the freezer !
I really wanted to sit on the couch and drink coffee all day today but instead I had my morning shake and then got on the treadmill. I completed #16 of 23 in the Mount Kilimanjaro series with Jake Norton. I was tired and wasn't sure I was going to be able to make it through this entire workout but not trying was not an option. About 9 minutes in I started to feel less tired and knew I could get through it. Nearly 29 minutes of the 35 minute workout was at max incline (10% for me) and speed varied from 1.4 mph to 2.6 mph. This was an intervals workout of 1 minute pushes and 30 second recoveries. The speed was manageable for me because it was geared for treadmills that support much steeper inclines, but I still managed to sweat some ! 10% is pretty steep for me ! After my workout I had lunch and then sat down to relax with a cup of french vanilla coffee. About 6 pm I pushed myself back off the couch and got my veggies in the oven to roast. I made a huge pan and have enough leftovers to make another one. I made a mix of green beans, broccoli, carrots, brussel sprouts and mushroom dressed with olive oil and a bunch of seasonings, including a garlic jalapeno blend and some hot garlic powder. Once they were in the oven I sat down with my afternoon snack and a cup of hazelnut coffee. I tend to get started eating later in the day on weekends and that helps me not have the "munchies" in the evening. Once the veggies were done I turned off the oven and headed back to the treadmill for workout #2 for the day. I completed #8 of 14 in the Easter Island series with Dr Dale Simpson. This 29 minute walk was no joke as it had some 6% and 10% inclines but the pace was about 2.5 mph for just about the entire walk. I logged 2.4 miles, 65 minutes and 428 calories today. After dinner I hopped on the Total Gym and ran through my usual 30 minute set of exercises. My reward was my evening snack and a cup of coffee.
Weekends are so short but I enjoyed every moment of mine. Yesterday was a great day with my mom and today was a great day to relax but still get things done. Tomorrow is a work at home day so it's a nice way to ease into the week. Right now it looks like the weather is going to be relatively quiet all week so I'm happy about that !
Time for a nice warm shower and then it's off to bed. Hopefully I'll get to sleep a little earlier than last night !

Comments
Post a Comment