Day 408: Be Proud
"Allow yourself to be proud of yourself
and all the progress you've made.
Especially the progress that no one else
has seen."
Today I was definitely proud of myself. Even though I was out most of the day I still came home and got on the treadmill and then used the Total Gym. It would have been pretty easy to just skip it but exercise has really become a part of my life and it was something I needed to do. That is huge progress for me, considering I used to avoid exercise. This quote fit me today because I was feeling pretty proud of my progress with my weight & fitness, and also thinking about progress I've made in other areas of my life. It may seem like I share everything here, but in reality I don't. I've pretty much spent the past 13 months piecing myself back together and it hasn't all been easy. My life really was a complete disaster for many years and it damaged me more than anyone will ever know. There was no Fairy Godmother to waive a magic wand and make it all better. It was up to me to acknowledge everything that was wrong and take the necessary steps to fix as much as I could. Losing weight and feeling better about myself allowed me to start fixing some of those other things. The things no one could see. Losing weight was the beginning and once I had lost enough, exercise became easier. Once I started exercising regularly, it became easier. Once I started dealing with everything else, life in general got easier. I think we all have these little mental checklists and I've checked off quite a few boxes on mine. That makes me happy and proud.
Breakfast was a 2.1 ounce 160 calorie cherry cheese roll. Power fuel was a 5.3 ounce 80 calorie Light & Fit creme brulee yogurt. After that I was out for the day. I had dinner at the Turning Stone casino buffet. My first plate was green beans, brussel sprouts, broccoli and a scoop of General Tso's chicken. My second plate was a hotdog (no bun), a slice of cheese pizza and a piece of kielbasa. For dessert I had a tiny amount of vanilla ice cream and 3 bite size cream puffs. After working out tonight I had a cup of coffee and a little corn muffin that I smuggled out of the buffet. My countable calories today were 240, which left 960. Did my dinner & snack exceed that ? Probably, but I'm not worried about it. I didn't get any water in so I chugged 32 ounces while I was on the treadmill and I'm working on another 32 ounces before I go to bed. I guess you know where I'll be all night !
I weighed in at 177 this morning, so I lost 1.8 pounds this week ! My total loss to date is 127 pounds and I have 27 left to reach my goal. Lot's of 7's !
As I mentioned, I had dinner at Turning Stone casino but I started the day with a trip to Wegman's for some fresh veggies. I even remembered to bring my reusable shopping bags ! I picked up fresh green beans, broccoli, carrots, brussel sprouts and mushrooms. I'll be roasting a huge pan of veggies tomorrow ! I also bought lettuce, mini-peppers and cucumbers for salad. From there I picked up mom and headed to the casino. I didn't have much luck but I had a good time. I got home about 9 pm and as much as I wanted to just lounge on the couch I got on the treadmill instead. I completed #15 of 23 in the Mount Kilimanjaro series with Jake Norton. It was a 40 minute endurance workout and about 25 minutes was at max incline (10%). Speed ranged from 1.4 mph to 2.7 mph. Today I logged 1.3 miles, 40 minutes and 268 calories. Fitbit says I got 10,728 steps in so I'm happy with that. After the treadmill I refilled my water and hopped on the Total Gym for about a half hour.
I meant it when I said I wasn't getting up until I was good and ready this morning. I woke up around 9:30 but I didn't actually get out of bed until almost 11. Even though I took a shower last night I took another one this morning just to get myself moving. I guess that's a good thing since it's late now and I'll probably be too tired to shower before bed.
I was sitting on a bench waiting for the valet to bring my car tonight and I realized that even with my knees together there is a gap between my thighs ! If you've seen my "before" picture you know that my thigh's used to be enormous, so this was a pretty momentous discovery ! The Total Gym might be helping out there. I know it's helped a lot with the left hip pain that has plagued me for years. I still have some pain but it's much less so I think the squats I've been doing are stretching the hip muscles. It still hurts to rotate the hip but until recently I could not rotate it because the pain was excruciating. So being able to rotate it, bend the knee and lift up my foot is huge progress. I force myself to do this every day even though it's still a little painful. Since I have the weight loss and treadmill exercise under control it's important to focus on the strength training now.
It's after 1 am now so it's high time I get to bed !
Breakfast was a 2.1 ounce 160 calorie cherry cheese roll. Power fuel was a 5.3 ounce 80 calorie Light & Fit creme brulee yogurt. After that I was out for the day. I had dinner at the Turning Stone casino buffet. My first plate was green beans, brussel sprouts, broccoli and a scoop of General Tso's chicken. My second plate was a hotdog (no bun), a slice of cheese pizza and a piece of kielbasa. For dessert I had a tiny amount of vanilla ice cream and 3 bite size cream puffs. After working out tonight I had a cup of coffee and a little corn muffin that I smuggled out of the buffet. My countable calories today were 240, which left 960. Did my dinner & snack exceed that ? Probably, but I'm not worried about it. I didn't get any water in so I chugged 32 ounces while I was on the treadmill and I'm working on another 32 ounces before I go to bed. I guess you know where I'll be all night !
I weighed in at 177 this morning, so I lost 1.8 pounds this week ! My total loss to date is 127 pounds and I have 27 left to reach my goal. Lot's of 7's !
As I mentioned, I had dinner at Turning Stone casino but I started the day with a trip to Wegman's for some fresh veggies. I even remembered to bring my reusable shopping bags ! I picked up fresh green beans, broccoli, carrots, brussel sprouts and mushrooms. I'll be roasting a huge pan of veggies tomorrow ! I also bought lettuce, mini-peppers and cucumbers for salad. From there I picked up mom and headed to the casino. I didn't have much luck but I had a good time. I got home about 9 pm and as much as I wanted to just lounge on the couch I got on the treadmill instead. I completed #15 of 23 in the Mount Kilimanjaro series with Jake Norton. It was a 40 minute endurance workout and about 25 minutes was at max incline (10%). Speed ranged from 1.4 mph to 2.7 mph. Today I logged 1.3 miles, 40 minutes and 268 calories. Fitbit says I got 10,728 steps in so I'm happy with that. After the treadmill I refilled my water and hopped on the Total Gym for about a half hour.
I meant it when I said I wasn't getting up until I was good and ready this morning. I woke up around 9:30 but I didn't actually get out of bed until almost 11. Even though I took a shower last night I took another one this morning just to get myself moving. I guess that's a good thing since it's late now and I'll probably be too tired to shower before bed.
I was sitting on a bench waiting for the valet to bring my car tonight and I realized that even with my knees together there is a gap between my thighs ! If you've seen my "before" picture you know that my thigh's used to be enormous, so this was a pretty momentous discovery ! The Total Gym might be helping out there. I know it's helped a lot with the left hip pain that has plagued me for years. I still have some pain but it's much less so I think the squats I've been doing are stretching the hip muscles. It still hurts to rotate the hip but until recently I could not rotate it because the pain was excruciating. So being able to rotate it, bend the knee and lift up my foot is huge progress. I force myself to do this every day even though it's still a little painful. Since I have the weight loss and treadmill exercise under control it's important to focus on the strength training now.
It's after 1 am now so it's high time I get to bed !

Comments
Post a Comment