Day 407: Strong Enough
"Standing alone doesn't mean I am
alone. It means I'm strong enough to
handle things all by myself."
Today was just another day for me but you can't really ignore the fact that it's Valentine's Day, because you see so many people posting about it on social media. Some days I wish I had someone special in my life to bring me flowers and chocolate, but then I worry I would end up making another poor choice. The one time I tried to let someone else take care of me it didn't work out so well. I also wonder if I'm a little too independent and set in my ways now. I kind of like doing my own thing and do I really want to take any focus off myself right now ? I'm going to continue to go with "things happen for a reason", and if it's meant to be it will happen when the time is right. In the meantime I'm going to continue working hard to reach my goal weight and get more fit. I've proven to myself that I am strong enough to stand alone and I'm strong enough to handle things on my own. I'm also pretty happy ! I don't sit around moping just because I don't have a man.
Breakfast was a 2.1 ounce 180 calorie cinnamon roll. Power fuel was a 5.3 ounce 80 calorie Light & Fit toasted coconut vanilla yogurt. Morning snack was a 155 calorie chocolate shake with peanut butter powder. Lunch was a 3.8 ounce 220 calorie pepperoni pizza melt with a chef salad. Dressing added 30 calories. Afternoon snack was a 1.58 ounce 180 calorie almond, cranberry & oat bar. Only 4 of these to go ! I was still hungry after the bar so I had a bunch of raw carrots too. That left 355 calories for dinner and an evening snack. Dinner was a 4 ounce 180 calorie artichoke & spinach stuffed chicken breast with steamed broccoli. Evening snack was a 2.2 ounce 140 calorie lemon zest cake with butter toffee coffee. Total calories for the day are 1165 and I got 64 ounces of water in.
It was zero when I woke up this morning and it took a whole lot of effort to crawl out of that nice warm bed ! At least I didn't have to go far to get to work ! It was nice and sunny all day but never warmed up beyond the low teen's. It's going to be just as cold tonight but it's supposed to warm up tomorrow. I'm not getting out of bed tomorrow until I'm good and ready !
Since it was a work at home day I got a short workout in during lunch. I completed #14 of 23 in the Mount Kilimanjaro series with Jake Norton. It was about 17 minutes long and he called it a recovery hike. About 6 minutes in the incline increased to max (10% for me) and stayed there until just about the end. Speed ranged from 1.4 mph to 2.4 mph so it wasn't too bad. After work I completed #7 of 14 in the Easter Island series with Dr Dale Simpson. It was about 36 minutes and speed ranged from 2.5 mph to 2.7 mph with little incline. Today I logged 2.1 miles, 53 minutes and 275 calories. After dinner I got on the Total Gym and spent close to an hour doing various exercises.
So that was my Valentine's Day ! I spent my free time taking care of me today. I may not have gotten flowers but I'm planning on planting some for myself in my yard this Spring. I may not have gotten chocolate either but I had a delicious Nutrisystem dessert. I had chocolate options available but I really wanted that lemon cake. I will cap off the evening with a relaxing hot shower and then I'll be luxuriating in my warm comfy bed. My kind of day.
Breakfast was a 2.1 ounce 180 calorie cinnamon roll. Power fuel was a 5.3 ounce 80 calorie Light & Fit toasted coconut vanilla yogurt. Morning snack was a 155 calorie chocolate shake with peanut butter powder. Lunch was a 3.8 ounce 220 calorie pepperoni pizza melt with a chef salad. Dressing added 30 calories. Afternoon snack was a 1.58 ounce 180 calorie almond, cranberry & oat bar. Only 4 of these to go ! I was still hungry after the bar so I had a bunch of raw carrots too. That left 355 calories for dinner and an evening snack. Dinner was a 4 ounce 180 calorie artichoke & spinach stuffed chicken breast with steamed broccoli. Evening snack was a 2.2 ounce 140 calorie lemon zest cake with butter toffee coffee. Total calories for the day are 1165 and I got 64 ounces of water in.
It was zero when I woke up this morning and it took a whole lot of effort to crawl out of that nice warm bed ! At least I didn't have to go far to get to work ! It was nice and sunny all day but never warmed up beyond the low teen's. It's going to be just as cold tonight but it's supposed to warm up tomorrow. I'm not getting out of bed tomorrow until I'm good and ready !
Since it was a work at home day I got a short workout in during lunch. I completed #14 of 23 in the Mount Kilimanjaro series with Jake Norton. It was about 17 minutes long and he called it a recovery hike. About 6 minutes in the incline increased to max (10% for me) and stayed there until just about the end. Speed ranged from 1.4 mph to 2.4 mph so it wasn't too bad. After work I completed #7 of 14 in the Easter Island series with Dr Dale Simpson. It was about 36 minutes and speed ranged from 2.5 mph to 2.7 mph with little incline. Today I logged 2.1 miles, 53 minutes and 275 calories. After dinner I got on the Total Gym and spent close to an hour doing various exercises.
So that was my Valentine's Day ! I spent my free time taking care of me today. I may not have gotten flowers but I'm planning on planting some for myself in my yard this Spring. I may not have gotten chocolate either but I had a delicious Nutrisystem dessert. I had chocolate options available but I really wanted that lemon cake. I will cap off the evening with a relaxing hot shower and then I'll be luxuriating in my warm comfy bed. My kind of day.

Comments
Post a Comment