Day 404: Just Do It




"Do it for every time you cried over 

your body. Do it for every time you

 hated what you saw in the mirror. Do 

it for the fit body and the double-takes.

 Do it for yourself. Lose that weight."  




Today was another very peaceful day but I'm always looking for things to keep me motivated. When I saw this quote the first thing that came to mind was the day of my younger sister's wedding - July 7, 2017. While getting dressed in my room at the venue I discovered that the stockings I had bought did not fit. I ended up going bare legged, which wouldn't have been so bad if my legs weren't so white and my calves so huge ! I truly wanted to cry, considering I had bought size 7x stockings that were supposed to fit up to 600 pounds. I had a hard time finding a dress I liked and pretty much "settled" for the one I wore. I couldn't buy a dress the day "the girls" went out shopping for dresses. I had to buy one online. That's why shopping for a dress to wear to the auto expo was so magical for me. That day I went into the store with the same fear of not being able to find a dress I liked, of having to "settle" again. Instead I found several I liked ! I don't cry over my body now. I don't feel like crying when I look in the mirror. I won't say I have a "fit" body just yet - that is still a work in progress, but I'm going in the right direction ! I've experienced a couple of "double takes" and that always makes you feel good. Despite all that, I started this journey for me and I'm continuing it for me.

Breakfast was a 2.1 ounce cherry cheese roll with cinnamon roll coffee. Power fuel was a 5.3 ounce Light & Fit toasted coconut vanilla yogurt. Morning snack was a 155 calorie vanilla shake with peanut butter powder. Lunch was an 8.2 ounce 200 calorie beef burrito bowl with a chef salad. Dressing added 30 calories. Afternoon snack was a 1.58 ounce 180 calorie almond, blueberry & oat bar. Dinner was a 5 ounce 210 calorie mushroom stuffed chicken breast that I air fried and served with steamed green beans. Evening snack was a 2.1 ounce 130 calorie strawberry shortcake cupcake with hazelnut coffee. Total calories for the day are 1145 and I got 64 ounce of water in.

First workout of the day was #6 of 14 in the Easter Island walking series with Dr. Dale Simpson. It was just under 20 minutes at 2.5 mph and had minimal incline. After work I completed #11 of 23 in the Mount Kilimanjaro series with Jake Norton. This one had me working a bit harder ! Speed ranged from 1.7 mph during the steepest inclines to 3.8 when the incline dropped a bit. This was an intervals workout and had sixteen 30 second pushes with 15 second recoveries. The first 10 pushes were at max incline so the speed was no more than 2.3 mph but then he threw in one at 3.7 and two at 3.8 mph .. which meant I had to jog ! At least it was only for 30 seconds at a time ! Today I logged 2 miles, 50 minutes and 303 calories. After my evening workout I had dinner and then spent about a half hour on the Total Gym. It's been pretty easy to integrate this into my daily routine, mostly because it's so easy to use and it's sitting right here in front of me. When I first started the beginner exercises it was quite an effort to get to 15 reps on any given exercise. Today I can do 2 sets of 25 so I'm seeing some progression. When I started using the treadmill I did the same workout over and over until it was easy and would then move on to something a little more difficult. Since that worked well I'm pretty much doing the same thing with the Total Gym. Once I feel like I need more of a challenge I'll branch out to some of the routines on the DVD that came with it or on YouTube. 

Since tomorrow is an office day I'll be heading for a shower and bed a little earlier. Wish me luck .. I have to talk to other people tomorrow .. lol !

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello 2019 !

Day 351: Pause and Reflect

Day 413: Trying To Be Better