Day 403: Be Happy





"Believe in yourself. Push your limits.

 Experience life. Conquer your goals. 

Be happy."  




Today was one of those rare days of nothing but peaceful thoughts. I finally do believe in myself. I'm definitely pushing my limits. I'm experiencing life for sure. Totally crushing my goals and absolutely happy. The past is the past and I'm living in the here and now, which is pretty sweet. I'm also getting better at accepting the reality of my body. I do still spend a lot of time scrutinizing myself in the mirror, simply because I still sometimes don't believe what I see. I've been overweight my entire adult life and although I am still considered overweight, I weigh less now than I can ever remember being. So it is still very new and very wondrous for me. It's not about vanity. It's more about continued motivation. When I look in the mirror I'm seeing the results of all the hard work I've put in over the past 13+ months. That's important to keep me on track and moving towards completion of my goals. The mirror used to be my enemy while food was my friend. Those roles are somewhat reversed now. All the bad food I used to eat is now the enemy and I'm warming up to the mirror .. lol ! Do I like everything I see ? Nope. I don't. I probably never will but what's important is I like what I'm seeing today better than what I saw a year ago. That's what it is all about.

Breakfast was a 2.1 ounce 180 calorie cinnamon roll with cinnamon roll coffee. Power fuel was a 5.3 ounce 80 calorie Light & Fit caramel apple pie yogurt. Morning snack was a 155 calorie chocolate shake with peanut butter powder. Lunch was a new item, a 7 ounce 210 calorie edamame chicken. It was ok but I probably won't order it again. It had a funky smelling agave-tamari sauce. I also had a chef salad so dressing added 30 calories. Afternoon snack was a 1.58 ounce 180 calorie almond, blueberry & oat bar. Dinner was another new item, an 8 ounce 190 calorie double grilled chicken with fennel cream sauce. It was ok too but I probably won't order it again either. This had a funky smell too and fennel is just not my thing. Evening snack was a 1.8 ounce 140 calorie butterscotch cake with caramel creme coffee. Today calories for the day are 1165 and I got 64 ounces of water in.

It was snowing here when I went to bed last night and since today was a work at home day I didn't have to worry about that all night. We probably only got an inch but if I had to drive to the office I'd have been awake half the night worrying. First workout of the day was another Easter Island walk with Dr. Dale Simpson. It was only 18 minutes but I got a late start and had a longer workout planned for evening anyways. Much of the walk was at 2.7 mph so it was a relatively easy pace. There was some brief incline about 10 minutes in. Second workout of the day was another in the Mount Kilimanjaro series with Jake Norton and it lasted 40 minutes. Speed ranged from 2.4 to 2.7 mph and there was a lot of incline, including a 9 minute stretch at max incline about 16 minutes in. I thought about rescheduling this one because I wasn't sure I could do it. I'm glad I didn't because I made it through just fine. I had dinner then went out and shoveled the new snow off the driveway ! To top it off, I then spent a good half hour on the Total Gym ! I'm finally realizing just how good exercise can make you feel. I definitely enjoyed my coffee and evening snack after all that. I logged 2.3 miles, 58 minutes and 370 calories on the treadmill today. Fitbit says I burned a total of 2,235 calories today. I take that with a grain of salt.

This might be TMI for the guys but I have to document it for myself. Today I graduated into size 7 underthings. Sure beats the 13's I started in ! I also noticed a few more inches have disappeared from my hips so it's time to take some new measurements and progress photos. I haven't tried them on in the past couple weeks but I suspect I'll be debuting the size 14 jeans when I go to the office Wednesday. One of my mini-goals is getting out of the "teens" when it comes to clothing so I can't wait to get into a 12 ! The project that was going to be using our office space has been delayed so I'm back to 2 days a week in the office, which is fine. Sometimes I am too much of a homebody so it's good to get out and socialize ! Spring starts in 38 days and with any luck we won't have too much snow to worry about between now and then. 

It's about time for a shower and bed. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello 2019 !

Day 351: Pause and Reflect

Day 413: Trying To Be Better