Day 402: Concentrate On Success





"To establish true self-esteem we must

 concentrate on our successes and forget 

about the failures and the negatives in

 our lives."  ~Denis Waitley~




As time goes by I find that I focus less and less on the failures in my life, so this quote struck a chord with me today. I've come to accept I can't undo anything that has already happened in my life. All I can do is learn from my mistakes and try my best not to repeat them. Since turning my focus to improving myself I've found that I can do all of the things that seemed impossible before. Every pound that I lost made the next pound seem easier. Every session on the treadmill made the next one seem easier. Success with both gave me the confidence to invest in the Total Gym and start working on strength. Liking what I was seeing in the mirror was key to improving my self-esteem. I've said before I could be happy at the weight I am today, and that hasn't changed. Regardless, I'm going to continue working towards the goals I set because for the first time in my life I feel like I can get there and I'm not willing to give up and "settle" for where I am now. My goals are realistic, even though they seemed impossible when I set them. I still have a long way to go when it comes to fitness and that's going to be a life-long commitment. Keeping the weight off is going to be a life-long commitment too, so the journey doesn't end when I reach my goal weight. My ultimate goal is to replace all of the failures in my life with successes. How do you do that when you can't change the past ? You do it by having so many successes that there is no room left for the failures.

Breakfast was a 2.1 ounce 160 calorie cherry cheese roll with cinnamon roll coffee. Power fuel was a 5.3 ounce 80 calorie Light & Fit key lime yogurt. Morning snack was a 155 calorie vanilla shake with peanut butter powder. Lunch was a 4 ounce 230 calorie meatball parmesan melt with a chef salad. Dressing added 30 calories. Afternoon snack was a 1.58 ounce 180 calorie almond, blueberry & oat bar. This left 365 calories for dinner and an evening snack. Dinner was an 8 ounce 210 calorie homestyle beef & vegetables that I served over green beans. Evening snack was a 2 ounce 140 calorie pumpkin cake with french vanilla coffee. Total calories for the day are 1185 and I got 64 ounces of water in. 

It was a chilly morning so all I wanted to do was sit on the couch with a blanket and drink coffee. I sat there wishing a second cup of coffee would magically appear but when it didn't I decided since I had to get up I might as well get a workout in and then enjoy that second cup. 38 minutes on Mount Kilimanjaro with Jake Norton and the 2-10% inclines and 2.2 mph - 3.2 mph speeds was a good way to work up a sweat and earn that cup of coffee ! I sat down with my coffee and my morning shake about 12:20 and watched the end of "The Harvey Girls" on TCM. This is another Judy Garland movie that I really enjoy ! After the movie I decided to clean the upstairs bathroom and then get some time in on the Total Gym. I spent about a half hour doing various exercises then had lunch. Then it was on to laundry and relaxing on the couch. Before dinner I got back on the treadmill for workout #2. It was a 43 minute walk on Easter Island with Dr. Dale Simpson. It was a steady pace of 2.5 mph and had minimal incline. I logged 3.3 miles, 81 minutes and 443 calories. No wonder I was starving and too tired to get on the Total Gym again !

Tomorrow is a work at home day so I can sleep in a little. Nice way to start a Monday after a great weekend ! Snow changing to rain is moving in now so I'm glad I got the driveway cleaned up yesterday. As soon as Dr. Pol ends at 9 I'm heading up for a shower and then my warm comfy bed.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello 2019 !

Day 351: Pause and Reflect

Day 413: Trying To Be Better