Day 226: Living Your Life To The Fullest



“Being happy requires that you define your life in your own terms and then throw your whole heart into living your life to the fullest. In a way, happiness requires that you be perfectly selfish in order to develop yourself to a point where you can be unselfish for the rest of your life.” ~Brian Tracy~

Today I definitely lived life to the fullest, doing things I've never done before. After having breakfast with my mom, I and my two beautiful nieces hiked up Tinker Falls in Tully, NY. I have never been there before. I was physically able to manage the walk and climb and the stone steps going up were fine, if a little scary. However, coming down was super scary because everything is wet and it's very steep. There are also no handrails or trees to hold on to, so it's all about going slow, watching where your feet are placed and keeping your balance. It's something I couldn't have done a year ago so I felt pretty amazing about it. Truthfully, it's not something I want to do again soon ! We also went to Green Lakes and walked around the lake. This was my speed but towards the end of the walk I was a bit overheated and had to stop for a few minutes to rest. At the time I thought we were only a little over halfway around the lake but it turns out we were nearly back to the parking lot ! Had I known that I would have kept going. So I guess I did all right ! We were lucky to get all this in before a severe thunderstorm blew through the area. Later in the day mom and I went to Ruby Tuesday for a nice dinner. The Samsung Health app on my phone says I did 8166 steps today ! That doesn't include the 42 minutes I put in on the treadmill !

Today's weigh in revealed I lost 2.6 pounds this week ! That's a total of 88.6 pounds gone forever !! Looks like I will easily reach 90 by my birthday and 100 is just around the corner !

Other than having a Nutrisystem bar for lunch I ate out all day today and can't really put an exact calorie count on it. Breakfast was a western omelet made with egg whites only. I also had whole wheat toast because I knew I'd need the carbohydrates. Lunch was a 1.8 ounce 200 calorie chocolate peanut butter bar. Dinner was an 8 ounce sirloin steak (580 calories per the menu) with broccoli and green beans. I also had a Margarita. I may be over my calories for the day but I'm not worried about it because it's one day. That steak melted in my mouth and I enjoyed every bite. The margarita also went down pretty easy ! My evening snack was a 3.5 ounce 130 calorie ice cream sandwich. 

I don't look at today as "cheating". I've worked hard to remove the emotional component from eating so I'm not going to attach guilt to anything I eat. If I can stay 100% to the program 6 out of 7 days per week I think I'm doing okay. After hiking the falls, walking around the lake and then putting in 42 minutes on the treadmill I'd say I burned off a whole lot of calories today. Quite honestly I was starving at dinner ! The portion of veggies with my meal was unusually small so after eating all of the veggies and half of my steak I was still hungry. That's why I finished it. Truthfully, I could have eaten even more ! I might feel guilty if I ate something like a decadent dessert because that really is "cheating" in my mind. The best thing about Nutrisystem is I never really feel deprived. I have delicious pastries for breakfast and a sweet snack in the evening so I never feel the need to go back to my old habits.

All in all I had one of the best days of my life today. Every minute with my mom and my nieces is precious to me. I gathered up all my packages from my mom's house so I have a few new pairs of jeans to wash. Looks like tomorrow is going to be rainy so it'll be a good day for laundry and other household chores ! I kind of missed my Nutrisystem food today so it'll be good to get back to my "routine". 

Time for a warm shower and my comfy bed. I am pretty tired so I don't think I'll be awake for long !













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello 2019 !

The Journey Back: Day 30

Back to Reality