Day 223: Let It Go



"It takes a level of self-love, of dedication and determination to live your greatest life. So, look within. Look at every area of your life and ask yourself these questions: Am I on course? Am I growing mentally, emotionally and spiritually? Anything that is blocking that, anything that is preventing you from living your greatest life, make the tough decision to LET IT GO."

I don't know who came up with this quote but it's a good representation of where I am in life. I feel like I am on course and growing in many ways. I've let go of most of the negatives that imprisoned me and they don't sneak back up on me quite as often as they used to. In order to begin losing weight I had to put my life in order. I think back to the 90's when I lost weight. I quit smoking at the same time, so I've realized that I tend to do things in groups. Many people would say quitting cigarettes and food at the same time is too hard. It wasn't for me back then, because I knew both were harming me. I also knew that if I substituted food for cigarettes I'd end up even heavier. I stayed away from the cigarettes (it's been 23 years now) but food reeled me back in and I stopped exercising. So this time around my group of goals was losing weight and working on my financial fitness. I added taking some steps regarding my career once I was told our office was closing. It's working out, although I veered off course for a little while and spent more than I'd have liked at the casino. But I've reined myself back in and refocused myself on my goals. Every day I look in the mirror and marvel at the changes I see. There's an element of disbelief at times. I haven't owned a mirror in years and when I encountered one I was never happy with what I saw. Nowadays I probably spend too much time admiring myself and maybe I talk about it too much. I guess if people want to judge me for being happy that's their issue to deal with. I spent too many years being unhappy and worrying about what everyone else thought. 

Breakfast was a 2.1 ounce 160 calorie cherry cheese roll with hazelnut coffee. Second cup was caramel vanilla cream. Morning snack was a 155 calorie chocolate shake with peanut butter powder. Lunch was a 4 ounce 220 calorie spinach and cheese pretzel melt with raw carrots. Afternoon snack was a 5.3 ounce 80 calorie Light & Fit Tiramisu yogurt and an 80 calorie snack cup of mandarin oranges. The tiramisu yogurt, though good, was a little bit of a disappointment. It just tasted like a tangy coffee flavored yogurt. Dinner was a 9.5 ounce 260 calorie roasted turkey medallions with mashed potatoes and gravy. I also had a big bowl of brussel sprouts. Evening snack was a 1.8 ounce 150 calorie chocolate cupcake. Total calories for the day are 1105 and I got 64 ounces of water in.


Got my latest shipment of frozen food today and that is all stashed in the freezer now. My non-frozen items will be delivered tomorrow. Since I have an excess of food on hand I'll be delaying my next shipment for a couple of weeks. If I don't do that I will never use up some of the older non-frozen items. I keep eating the frozen stuff in order to make room in the freezer for the next shipment. Since I'll be out on Saturday I'm planning to spend some time Sunday figuring out what I have and then I'll decide how much of a delay I need.


Weather was beautiful yesterday but we're having overnight lows in the 50's ... you can tell Fall is coming to upstate NY ! I don't mind the cooler nights, it's the cooler days that will be depressing ! Got my workout in tonight without the internal dialogue telling me I couldn't do it. I focused more on what the trainer was saying and the scenery rather than watching the time and that seemed to make the difference.


Next up is the usual shower and bed. Maybe some tv and a game or two on my tablet until I get sleepy, which usually doesn't take long !





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello 2019 !

The Journey Back: Day 30

Back to Reality