Day 218: Until You Win
"Life is full of disappointments, failures and setbacks. None of those things can permanently stop you. You have the power in you to overcome anything that life throws at you. There is nothing as powerful as a made up mind. Surround yourself with people who remind you that you matter, and support you in the ways that matter most to you. No person, situation, or circumstance can define who you are. Don't give up, cave in, or stop believing that it's possible. It's not over until you win."
I think I'm a living example of the truth in this quote. Things in life may have slowed me down or temporarily stopped me, but I've been fortunate enough to overcome it all and get where I am today. I found the power inside and I had a lot of help the last couple of years. Yes, I had a lot of disappointments. I had a lot of failures. I had a lot of setbacks. Who hasn't ? There are plenty of people who've been through much more than I. Life was hard at times, but I always tried to remember that no matter how hard my life was, there was always someone else even worse off than me. My situation really wasn't unique. So now that things are better have I won ? I don't think so, not yet and maybe never. Reaching my goal weight might be a "win" when it gets here but does that mean I'll sit back and strive for nothing else ? I don't think so. I think there will always be something else I need to work on. There will always be something else I want to succeed at. Life would be pretty dull if you didn't have something to work towards.
Breakfast was a 2.1 ounce 160 calorie cherry cheese roll with butter toffee coffee. Second cup was hazelnut. Morning snack was a 155 calorie vanilla shake with peanut butter powder. Lunch was a 4 ounce 230 calorie meatball parmesan melt with raw carrots. Afternoon snack was a 5.3 ounce 80 calorie Light & Fit Caramel Apple Pie yogurt and a 0.65 ounce 100 calorie bag of Skinny Pop popcorn. The apple pie yogurt was amazingly delicious and I will be stocking up next time I'm at the store ! I had 475 calories left for dinner and an evening snack. Dinner was an 8.5 ounce 250 calorie chicken and vegetable stir fry. I added some riced cauliflower to it. Evening snack was a 3.5 ounce 130 calorie ice cream sandwich. Total calories for the day are 1105 and I got 64 ounces of water in.
Although I was pretty comfortable on the couch I forced myself off it and got a workout in. Five for Five this week ! I'll be home most of the day tomorrow so I may get 2 workouts in, we'll see. I have to go to the post office and Walmart, do some laundry & housework and I want to clear some junk out of the garage. Sunday Mom and I are going to spend the day at Cross Lake with my brother and his girlfriend so I need to finish my "to do" list tomorrow.
Abby has crawled into my lap for some attention so my computer time is apparently over for the evening. I'm getting tired anyways so I see a shower and my bed in the near future !

Comments
Post a Comment