Day 217: No Excuses


"I didn't have the time, but I made time. I didn't have the knowledge, but I did what I knew. I didn't have the support, but I learned to support myself. I didn't have the confidence, but the confidence came with results. I had a lot going against me, but I had enough going for me. I had plenty of excuses, but I chose not to use any of them."

I don't know who came up with this quote but I love it ! Tonight was all about not using an excuse to not exercise. I got home late because I had to stop for gas. Once I did get home I cleaned up after the cats and fed them. The litter boxes were overdue for a cleaning so I did that too. By the time I sat down to eat my own dinner it was 6:40 and I usually get on the treadmill at 7. I've found that I need some time in between eating and exercise so I thought about not exercising tonight. But I didn't let that thought linger. I changed my routine instead, so that I could exercise a bit later than usual. I've made too many excuses over the past couple of years. I let my broken wrist derail my exercise and weight loss efforts back in October 2017 and it took me until December 2018 to make the decision to get back on track. I can't afford to let that happen again because I know myself too well. Once I veer off course it can be very difficult to find my way back. So I have to choose not to use excuses, even if they're really good ones ! I just hope the later workout doesn't keep me from sleeping. I've made it through 4 workouts in 4 days and I'm happy about that.

Breakfast was a 2.1 ounce 180 calorie cinnamon roll with cinnamon roll coffee. Second cup was french vanilla. Morning snack was a 155 calorie shake with peanut butter powder. Lunch was a 4 ounce 220 calorie spinach and cheese pretzel melt with raw carrots. Afternoon snack was a 5.3 ounce 80 calorie Light & Fit Key Lime yogurt and a 0.65 ounce bag of Skinny Pop popcorn. This left 465 calories for dinner and an evening snack. Dinner was a 9.5 ounce 260 calorie roasted turkey medallions with mashed potatoes and gravy. I also had a big bowl of steamed broccoli. Evening snack was a 3.5 ounce 130 calorie ice cream sandwich. Total calories for the day are 1125 and I got all 64 ounces of water in.

It was 2 years ago today that I had the fire in my home. That would be a sad event for most people but it was life changing for me, in a good way. Really it was the best thing that's ever happened to me. Talk about being pulled off the ledge ! I won't rehash my sad story because that's the past and I'm over it, but the fire made so many things possible in my life. The renovations to my home are something I could never have afforded. I also could not have paid for all new furniture and everything else that was needed. The fire also put me in my mother's neighborhood when she needed me the most. All coincidence ? Perhaps.

It's getting late (for me) so it's time for a shower and some tv in bed. I'm glad tomorrow is Friday !








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello 2019 !

The Journey Back: Day 30

Back to Reality