Day 211: Winds of Change


"There are always waves on the water. Sometimes they are big, sometimes they are small, and sometimes they are almost imperceptible. The water's waves are churned up by the winds, which come and go and vary in direction and intensity, just as do the winds of stress and change in our lives, which stir up the waves in our minds." ~Jon Kabat-Zinn~

Winds of change came to mind this morning so this quote fit perfectly. Change is coming to my life at the end of this month. Yesterday I paid my $90 parking fee for the last time. Four weeks from today I will walk out of the office I've worked in for over 34 years and relocate to my home office and a satellite office outside of downtown Syracuse. The "official" date is 9-10 but I'm on vacation the first week of September so I'm not planning on going back to my old office. It's already been 5 weeks since most of our staff departed ! The time seems to have flown by. I can't complain because the change to my life is minimal and it benefits me more than anything else. I'm happy to save $90 a month on parking. I'm happy to save money on fuel and wear & tear on my car. I'll be happy to work from home when the weather is bad this winter. I will miss some of my colleagues, but I may see them floating in and out of the satellite office we're all assigned to. I won't miss downtown Syracuse. I used to enjoy going out during my lunch hour but there are too many transients and other shady characters wandering the streets these days. Change has also come to my personal life in the form of Nutrisystem and losing weight. Every day I marvel at the success I've had and I'm so thankful this plan is working. The framework of the program will always be a part of my life, even if the food is not. I may continue to eat some of their products for years to come, mostly because I really like them, but I look forward to branching out to freshly prepared meals too. Change used to be nothing but a source of anxiety for me but I feel better able to cope with it now. It still takes me some time to get used to it but it seems to be easier. 

Breakfast was a 2.1 ounce 180 calorie cinnamon roll with caramel vanilla cream coffee. Second cup was triple chocolate. Morning snack was a 155 calorie vanilla shake with peanut butter powder. Lunch was a 3.8 ounce 220 calorie pepperoni pizza melt with raw carrots. Afternoon snack was 1/2 cup of cottage cheese (80 calories) and a 0.65 ounce 100 calorie bag of Skinny Pop popcorn. This left 465 calories for dinner and an evening snack. Dinner was a 7.5 ounce 220 calorie chicken fettucine alfredo. I wasn't really in a veggie mood tonight so I skipped them. I did have a 12 ounce 95 calorie Michelob Ultra with my dinner. I sat out on the front porch to have dinner and enjoy my beer. Evening snack was a 1.9 ounce 120 calorie tiramisu. Total calories for the day are 1170 and I got 64 ounces of water in.

Although I slept great I did not want to get out of bed this morning ! I was so comfortable and warm I could have stayed there all day. Temps dropped into the 50's overnight so it was pretty nice sleeping weather ! Seems like tonight it going to be a good night for sleeping too and I'm looking forward to luxuriating in bed until I'm good and ready to get up. I have nothing planned for tomorrow other than a trip to the grocery store but I may also take care of getting gas, a car wash and an oil change too.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello 2019 !

The Journey Back: Day 30

Back to Reality