Day 100: Slow and Steady
“Pause and remember - Slow and steady will get you where you want to go. If you put too much pressure on yourself for results too quickly, you will quickly give up.” ~Jennifer Young~
100 days and 44 pounds. How is it even possible that it’s been over 3 months since I started this Nutrisystem journey ?! I love today’s quote because it is something I actually figured out for myself already. Several times I had to reset my fitness goal because I was setting the bar much too high. I’m going to be on this program for a long time and although fitness is a big part of it I needed to set reachable goals in order to progress to the point where a stretch goal makes sense. I did not exercise last night as I was out late. I didn’t exercise today because I was out all day and honestly, I was tired when I got home. Tomorrow is a new day and I plan to fit 2 workout sessions into the day.
Breakfast today was a 1.8 ounce 180 calorie cinnamon roll with french vanilla coffee. Since I was going out I didn’t have a second cup. My morning snack was a 155 calorie vanilla shake with peanut butter powder. Since I was out all day we had lunch at Wendy’s. I had a small cup of chili (160 calories) and a side salad with apple cider vinaigrette dressing. Their website says the salad is 260 calories but I did not eat the croutons. I had a 180 calorie Sargento Balanced Breaks for my afternoon snack. Dinner is a dilemma as I really don’t know what the calories are. We had a great dinner at Pino Bianco at Turning Stone casino. I had the shrimp fra diavolo. It was to die for ! I did not partake in the meatball appetizer even though it looked and smelled delicious, swimming in fresh tomato sauce and topped with a blanket of gooey mozzarella cheese. I also passed on the italian bread, which was really hard. I’m not really sure of the calorie count on my dinner but the portion was not gigantic and I only ate half of it. I’m looking forward to the leftovers tomorrow ! I did look online at some recipes and one gave the calories as 488 for a serving of this dish, which is basically pasta in a spicy tomato sauce and topped with 5 or 6 good sized shrimp. Some fresh grated cheese made it picture perfect. Since I’m not sure of the calories (I logged it as 300) I’ve opted to skip my evening snack. That puts my calories at 1246 and leaves me some wiggle room if I underestimated the calories in my dinner. There’s also that little glass of wine I had ... shhhh !
As I mentioned, I was out most of the day. We ran into a good sale on shoes at Boscov’s ! Buy one pair and get the 2nd pair for $1.99. Mom and I each bought a pair of Skechers and split the cost. Turns out this was a little bit of a rip off. Came home and went online to find that all of their shoes are 50% off. So I bought another pair for myself and ordered 3 for mom. After Boscov’s we went to the Avenue store. I was disappointed in the selection in this store for the first time ever ! I usually find tons of cute tops and they used to have all the jeans on shelves along the walls. Now the jeans are hanging on racks and I hate digging through racks of clothes. I only found one top I liked, along with a hoodie. I was able to buy jeans 2 sizes smaller but they only had one pair in my size ! The top I bought is one size smaller. I guess I’ll be doing some more online shopping if I want a couple more pairs of jeans and a couple of new tops.
All in all I had a wonderful day out with my mom and my older sister. My brother--in-law joined us for dinner and a little gambling so it was nice to catch up with him too. We’ll all be together next Sunday for Easter too !
Comments
Post a Comment